Drunken love

Genre - angst

A/N: Didn't edit the end, but hope you guys enjoy~ 

.
.
.

"I knew this was a bad idea..." I mumbled to myself.  The heavy arm around my shoulders was slipping off my neck, so I grudgingly pulled it back into place.  I was walking to my car at the end of a party, with an unplanned and totally surprising new passenger.  I hurriedly, and with much effort, sat my extra guest in the passenger side of the car and shut the door.  I went around to the driver's side and got in.

"You, my friend, owe me big time for this," I lightly scolded the other occupant, but I was more talking to myself since he wasn't even aware of it.  I just started the car and shook my head.  "If I get in trouble for this, I swear you owe me into your next life."  There was no response, as I expected.  I was about to start driving when I realized a flaw in my plan.  "Where does this guy live anyway?"

I looked over at him and saw that he was still unresponsive.  I was just about ready to punch myself, being the idiot I am.  What to do, what to do... I couldn't take him to my house because my dad would kill me and I don't even want to know what my mother would do to me.  And I can't take him to his house because I have no idea where he lives.  I could call his mom and ask... But I need a really good explanation for needing it, and saying her son drank too much and passed out isn't exactly going to save him from trouble...  Asking the kid where he lives is a dead waste because even if hedid wake up, he would probably be babbling 100 miles an hour and none of it would be in proper English.  That would be like asking my baby brother what his favorite TV show is; he doesn't know how to talk except nonsensical babbles.

I sucked in a breath while hesitating.  There was one other option, but I didn't know if I could pull it off.  I pulled his phone out of his jacket pocket and found his mother's number.

"Jeon Jungkook, where have you been!?  It's past midnight, what is wrong with you?!" came the tired yet surprisingly still energetic voice of his mother.  “Are you okay?  Did you eat?  Did you break anything?”  She sounded very nervous and anxious for some reason.

"Uh... Annyeonghaseyo SungMi eommanim," I greeted nervously,

"Hm?” she stopped short of her rapid interrogation.  “Hyerin?  Is that you?" she asked.

"Ne, it's me," I responded.

"Where is my son?  Why hasn't he called?  Why are you on his phone?" she started throwing endless questions at me.

"Eommanim, Jungkook wanted to call and ask if he could stay at our friend DaeMin’s house tonight since it's too late for him to come home," I lied through my teeth naturally.  “But he had to go to the bathroom, and he’s been in there for a while, so he asked me to do it.”

“Oh… Well, as long as it’s ok with the parents, he can go.  I know he probably won’t be able to come back home anyway, it’s too late and I don’t want to bother you anymore since you drove him there,” SungMi babbled.

“Aniyo, it was no trouble,” I protested.  “So I can tell him that you’re okay with it?”

“Yes, just tell him to be back tomorrow by noon or else he’s in trouble,” she said.

“Ok, eommanim, I’ll tell him,” I said, getting ready to hang up the phone.

“How’s your mother, Hyerin-ah?  I haven’t heard from her in a while,” Jungkook’s mother caught me.

I mentally cursed.  Mothers these days…  Curse our parents’ relationships...  “She’s doing fine,” I responded, making a face but keeping my tone respectful.  “She’s been sick for the past week.  I’m sure if you called her, it would make her feel better.”