Chapter Twenty-six

Zayn's POV

It's already new year and I already returned inside the facility to continue the rehabilitation or whatever it is you call it.

It's a bright day for a January. But it's cool. London rarely has some sun shining. And I haven't exactly seen one shine so bright for the past weeks that I've been here.

I wander down the hall, aiming to find Diana.

The other patients has now returned to their rooms while the others are also seemingly absentmindedly wandering down the hall, but was quite obviously trying to find their rooms on their own.

"Zayn?" It was Rose. "Are you okay?" she asked and I looked to her and just nodded. Then I heard my stomach grumble. "There is food that we left for you and Diana."

Why does it seem that Rose knows that I am looking for her? Is it me or it is just purely coincidence?

Rose led me to the hall where we all eat our meals. I only saw one person and it was Diana. Her head moved when she suddenly realized that she’s got some company. A small smile formed and then she continued eating.

I took a seat across her. She did not seem to bother at all my presence. Rose left, leaving Janine to watch over us.

With her head down, Diana spoke. “Hello Zayn.”

I just stared at her for a few seconds before responding. “Hello, Diana.” She just nodded as a response and continued eating. I looked over to Janine who just gave me a smile.

I picked up the spoon and fork and silently ate my food. I’m quite bothered - in a good way of course - of Diana’s presence. Seemingly, I got to get used to it but after that dream I had that seemingly was so real, I couldn’t help but to quite careful.

We both ate silently. I noticed how slow eater she was. She did not make a noise with her spoon as she scooped the soup from the bowl while I was doing that. I am not good at eating without making a noise at all.

Then the door opened and heard Rose speak. “Janine, would you come with me for a minute?”

Janine looked to me and then to Diana and spoke. “I’ll be back.” she said and hurriedly left me and Diana all alone together.
When the door closed, Diana spoke. “This feels better.”

I looked to her. “What do you mean?”

She smiled. A normal smile that you’ll see from someone, from a girl. “I really don’t like it when nurses watch me while I eat.” she admitted. “I couldn’t just seem to find the appetite to eat but I always find myself forced to because I am...”

“Hungry?” I asked and she nodded right away

She then looked to me. “How are you Zayn?” she asked then without waiting for me to answer, she spoke. “By the way, Happy New Year.”

I smiled. “Likewise.” I said in my lowest voice yet enough for her to hear. “I’m actually...good.”

“I just want to ask.” she said as she laid the spoon on the top of the table napkin. “Who was that girl again?”

I looked to her and immediately knew she was asking about Lalaine. Like that bitch is the only one who comes in here and so far the only girl who came to pay me a visit. “She’s Lalaine.” I answered.

“She was here earlier.” she said, her eyes straight to mine. “She was actually looking for you and demanding the nurses to get you.”

I cringed at the imagination of Lalaine acting all mighty and bitchy towards the nurses who helped him, despite that all of these are nothing but a charade. “She did?”