Chapter Eighteen

Lalaine's POV

"Are you crazy?!" Angel screamed at me, her face painted with anger and I could feel that she is about to explode like a volcano.

"I'm not. I want that." I told her as I lifted a frame with a photo of me and Zayn. I turned to her as I returned the frame to its place. "I want to do a presscon or whatever, as long as there are cameras. I want to do public apology or I want to do the things that I should to have Zayn back."

"You're ridiculous." Angel hissed, slapping her one hand to her forehead. "Why are you doing this? The damage has been done Lalaine and I tell you, you don't need to repeat it or your career will be over."

I walked to her, "I don't even think that my career will crash down that easily."

"Now listen to what you are saying."

"Think of this. I'm not just doing this because I love Zayn. I do love him of course but this is a boost. A boost I need. Don't you think I've got a bright idea?"

"You're having a delirium." She told me.

"Oh come on!"

"So this is what it is all about huh?" She asked me. "Lalaine, it's pretty obvious that Zayn doesn't want you, his friends doesn't want to see you anymore or even his fans, the Directioners, doesn't want you to see you around him anymore. Now tell me, is that a boost that you need for your career or you'll be getting another round of deja vu?"

I shook my head. "I know that this will help me a lot. Trust me on this one."

She scoffed "How am I supposed to trust you? You made a lot of mistakes Lalaine. We used to warn you about dating Zayn. We also warned you about the mess you will be in once you break up with him just because you were smitten with Justin. Now, tell me how I will?"

I fell silent as our eyes met. I could sense that she is very serious about this. Knowing Angel, who's been my PA for almost three years, she could do better than I do. But this time, no one can stop me.

"Listen, I'm doing a public apology so that they will know how sorry my ass is because of what I've done to Zayn." I told her. "Now it's either you would do something about it or you'll get fired,"

"Is that a blackmail?" she scoffed. "I'm not afraid. Because the last time I checked, it's not you who's paying me. It's the management. Put that in mind. Now it's either you'll stop about you nonsense or your careers going to be over soon. I tell you, it's a huge mess than the mess you were in last time. You might not want to go to that situation if I were you."

I looked to her, almost at the edge of my anger. How could she be like this? She used to support me about what I used to do then. What the fuck happened?

"If you are wondering why I am like this right now," she told me. "You should ask yourself. I am sure that you've got the answer." and with that she turned and walked out from the room, leaving me like I was the meaning of the word clueless.

I sat down on the couch and tried to calm myself down. As I tried, I started to remember those times when she warned me about everything, of what might happen.

"You are dating Zayn?"  Angel asked. I smiled to her and gave her a nod. "Now that's unexpected."

"Aren't you happy?"

"I'm happy. I was just... surprised." She told me. "Are you ready of what might happen when you'll hurt him?"

"I don't think I could hurt someone who's amazing like him." I answered, my eyesfull of glee. "He's perfect."

"Things happen when you don't expect. And sometimes, these things are far more worse than your nightmares," she told me. "He's Zayn Malik, Lalaine. You've got to put that in your brain."