Chapter Twenty-four

Zayn's POV

"Zayn, you've got some visitors." Rose told me. "You might want to see them." she adds. She immediately left without any other word, closing the door as slowly as she could.

I just sat there, my world seem to be frozen. I was still thinking of the dream I had last night. It felt so real. It felt so weird. It felt like it all happened.

Without knowing, someone entered my room. It was Mack and Janine. Behind them is Uncle Simon and Harry.

"Zayn." It was Simon. His tone is fatherly. I raised my head and saw him. He and Harry gave me a small smile.

"Zayn, they're here to see you and take you out for a while." Mack said. "You are allowed to be out for a few hours."

Finally founding my voice, I spoke. "Where am I going?"

"Somewhere." Simon answered. "I think you might like it there."

I just sat there in silence. Harry hands Mack a large paper bag which I could already say is filled with a shirt or two and pants and a box of a pair of shoes.

"Zayn." That was Janine. "Mack will help you change."

"I think I can manage." I said in a small voice, my eyes staring at the ground.

"Are you sure?" Harry asked. I nodded and looked to Mack then to the bag. Giving him signal that I wanted to take the bag. After some seconds, he handed me the paper bag.

"I'll... I'll just change." I said. They gave me a small smile and got out from the bed and went to the small changing room they have in my room.

Despite of the fact that I was there inside, I could hear the faint conversation they have.

"Are you really sure that he can go out for awhile?" Simon asked. "I mean is this good for him?"

"So far sir, Mr. Malik needs company and people he knows to recover. Though his stay here could be helpful, we suggest that at least once in a while, people whom he knows will come and see him. You are all part of his recovery process." Janine explained.

"So far, is he being progressive?" Simon asked trying not to turn up his voice volume.

"Quite." Janine answered honestly, in a straightforward manner.

"I'm also quite glad to know that." Simon said. "So one of you are coming with us?"

"Yes." Mack answered this time. "Rose will be the one who is coming to make sure that the patient will have a smooth short stay outside."

"Good to know." Simon said. "Well, this is just going to take a few hours. It's just a matter of surprising Louis."

"It's his birthday today. Louis and Zayn are close. Louis actually planned to see him but then he couldn't because his family prepared a small celebration for him. So, we decided to have Zayn go there instead." Harry said. "I am glad that he was allowed to go even just for a few hours."

"We are also glad that he could go. I mean, he needs it." Janine answered. "It was also good that he is being cooperative and showed signs of progress. It he wasn't, he wouldn't be allowed."

After changing my in patient outfit to the outfit I usually wear outside: the skinny jeans, the graphic t-shirt, the Vans etc or what I call as the Zayn Malik get up, I immediately exited. They all looked to me.

"Fantastic." Simon smiled. "Now, are you ready?"

I looked to Janine, Mack then to Harry before letting my eyes land at Simon who was waiting for an answer. "I think I am."