Chapter Three

Niall's POV

"What?!" I asked in a very rude tone. Cannot blame me for asking it that way. I was shocked with what Liam and Louis told me and Harry.

"How come we only knew about this agenda now?" Harry asked, his hands over his head. We actually almost did not believe what they had told us.

"We can't tell you right away lads," Louis said. "I and Liam are trying to be careful since we don't want Zayn to know,"

"But we can't do this to Zayn! I mean, he is our bandmate and our brother!" I spat.

"But Niall," Liam said. "We are doing this for his sake. Have you forgotten that he punched you? Then he did not join us on the concert that night? Us having a hard time during the concert, filling for him and at times, for you because you can't sing since your stomach hurts after he punched the shit out of you. And all the other things he did,"

"He is badly depressed," I reasoned out.

"Exactly Niall," Louis said. "He is depressed that is why he is acting like this. A jerk. And I know, we can't blame him because of that. It happens to everyone,"

"Then why should we do this to him? Zayn can get over Lalaine like he always does when girls break his heart!" I said angrily. My arms folded and pressed into my chest. "It just takes time but I know he will get over it!"

Liam sighed. "Lalaine is not 'just' a girl who broke his heart. We all fucking know that he is badly and crazily inlove with her," he shook his head. "He is willing to do anything for her, and he is willing to do anything, just to fucking get her back. And might as well leave the band just to do so!"

"I know Liam. But I know that he will eventually move on even if he will do some crazy stuff. He will realize that he should not waste his life! And all we could do is to be there for him always," I said. And I am proud that I made a point.

"But Niall, he had crossed the line already. He is not focused to us, to the fans and other stuff that connects to One Direction. He always thinks of Lalaine and then gets emotional. Since you have mentioned already that we should always be there for him, this is the least thing we can do before he can do more to us and ruin himself," Liam said.

I groaned and sighed. I think I am about to have a headache because of this one. I tried to process everything in my brain because it might take a while.

"We have to get your answers now," one of the management officials asked. I almost had forgotten that I am actually inside the meeting room. We've been back in UK already for two hours and I am still badly jetlagged but Liam and Louis dragged me and Harry, straight from the airport and brought us here in the management's headquarters, leaving Zayn alone, who was sound asleep in the car.

"How about the album? Everything?" I asked. "He'll be in that institution for God knows how long,"

"Six months or less, depends on his progress," One of the officials said. "And about that album, you'll still work on it by writing songs. Though, Zayn cannot help that much on the writing process,"

"And during the six months, you lads can have the time of your lives. Rest and enjoy it while you can because once Zayn returns, you'll be doing lots of stuff and catching up to do," Uncle Simon added.

Harry and I looked at each other. I know by his eyes, he wants time to think, and so am I. I don't want to make a mistake once I make a decision. I hate regretting it.

After all, it is Zayn who were talking about. I even didn't mind that he punched me. Of course, I will do the very same thing like this if I was him. I know that he did it because he is angry, tired, pained, frustrated and lonely. But hey, I have to admit, it actually hurts. He punched the shit out of me!