Chapter Eight

Zayn's POV

Wearing the in-patients uniform, I walked in into the hall, escorted with two nurses whom I knew by their names Mack and Rose. The two were chatting as they stood both on my sides as I made my way to the food hall where food is served to the patients.

I may be Zayn Malik of One Direction but they decided to never give me special treatment that this facility offered for me because I was a celebrity. They think not accepting it would be better than to. They think, it's for the best that they didn't and somehow, I have to agree with them because I wanted to be normal somehow. I want to be the Zayn Malik who is not known to the world, but a human who grew up in Bradford.

People might think that I am stupid. I cannot even blame them though. I said I wanted to be normal but here I am, stuck in a facility with these people who has their own world due to their mental problems. But then, this helps me as well. I wanted to see the other side of the world. Their world that no one cares about.

We turned into a corner, silence greeted us. One of the things I've always loved, silence. We entered the food hall and I could see the other patients that I have never met yet, seated on their respective seats, all alone and having no care around them. And I guess this is what I am bound to do too.

"You can sit here Zayn," That was Rose. I turned to her and she smiled. "We reserved this seat for you,"

I nodded and sat down on the seat. It was a long table and as far as I observed, other patients in the table are seated far from me. I looked and one of my comrades, if that is what you call it or most appropriately, tablemate, was looking at me, bemused of my presence. Creeped out, I decided for my own sake to look away.

"Mack is still getting your food Zayn. Can you wait for awhile?" Rose asked. I just nodded and she gave me a light tap on my left shoulder and left. I then looked around and noticed the other patients who are in the hall as well. There were those who are old, some looks like still young, one has tattoos all over the body and there was one I saw was playing with his food.

Seconds after enjoying my "view", Mack arrived with my food. First thing that got me hungry was the vegetable viand they prepared, making my mouth water. Then there was mash potato which I find really tasty too and a fried egg.

"You can eat now, Zayn," Mack said with a smile. "I'll leave you with Rose okay? I have to help someone,"

I nodded and started to eat. Then a glass of water was placed on my table then I turned to see Rose, smiling at me.

"How's the food?" she asked.

"Good," I answered in a flat tone. She smiled and nodded. I continued to eat, savoring the taste of mash potato on my mouth. Rose then spoke.

"So, how are you Zayn?" she asked.

"Good too," I answered.

"I know lots of things happened. But I hope you are fine," she said, sincere tonewas in her voice. I nodded as an answer. I just coninued to eat, not minding her presence at all. Talk about a good actor.

After a few minutes, the food hall's door swung open and there, I saw someone enter the hall, escorted with two nurses to.

That girl earlier.

She was heading to the table where I am seated. I expected her to sit in one of the seats, one seat apart from me, but she sat right in front of me, startling me.

"Hello Zayn," Janine greeted. "Won't you mind her sitting with you?"

"Not at all," I answered as I continued to eat my food, not looking them by the eye.