Chapter Eleven

Zayn's POV

Ever since knowing some things about Diana, I started to anticipate tomorrow that I cannot sleep well. As soon as the sun broke out, I started to get more excited. I don't know why but all of the sudden, I started to get interested with her. Diana is really someone mysterious. No one knows what is going on in her mind.

As soon as afternoon came, I cannot wait for the clock to strike at five pm. By that time, we are allowed to wander outside, though in the backyard, and get some fresh air. I was just wishing that she would come out because I've also learned that she doesn't go out always everytime we are allowed to. She mostly keeps herself inside her room all the time.

I kept on checking the clock and I keep on wishing that the time would flew so fast. I want it to strike at five pm already because I have plans and I am planning to lay it all out.

And finally, after what felt like forever, the bell rang.

As soon as I heard the bell ring, I dashed to the door and as soon as I got there, it was opened already. I was the first one to get out of the building and I was greeted with birds chirping in the sky, sun setting and fresh air.

After I found my place on the bench and table where Diana sat yesterday, the other patients started to pour out. After a while, I saw Jamie, Austin and Gracie exit the door and gave me a small wave to which I nodded. After almost all patients got out into the backyard, I was dissappointed.

But no Diana.

I sat there all alone, staring as the sun slowly sets and is slowly replaced with darkness. I tapped the table using my fingers and I made some sound. I smiled to myself and memorized the tune I made in case if it's needed. But I cannot help myself thinking that I might be waiting for nothing.

I lay my head on the table, not looking at the door for I am already afraid that she won't show up. I just stared on the other side of the barricade which happens to be a street. I started to lose hope that she will not show up because I badly wanted her to.

As I was about to get out from that bench to go back to my room instead, I noticed someone sit across me.

It's Diana.

She was staring at me blankly. No expression at all and I started to get so awkward that I wanted to back out.

But no Zayn. You can do this.

I took a deep breathe and finally found the force to push me to talk. "Hi," I greeted her. She did not respond but she continued to stare at me blankly. No signs that she is going to speak or anything. Our eyes just met in the middle. She blinked, breaking the contact.

"Hello," she whispered.

I was shocked that she spoke, that she answered back. It sounds so surreal to my ears because she is known as one of the patients who doesn't talk too much. But I tried to act like as if I wasn't because she might notice and she might get scared.

I smiled to her. "Diana, right?" I asked. She nodded. "I'm Zayn," I told her. She smiled slightly and nodded.

"Heard about you," she spoke. "From that boyband?"

I smiled. "Yes." I amswered. "Heard of us before?"

She nods. "From the nurses. They keep on talking about you, I guess," she answered.