Chapter Ten

Zayn's POV

Harry left right even before Janine came back and I returned to my 'self'. I just sat there, writing something on the paper that Harry left for me.

"Zayn?" That was Janine. I just sat there, pretending as if I did not heard her speak. I heard weak footsteps heading to where I am and I felt a hand on my shoulder. "I'll bring you back to your room,"

I nod, not saying any single word. I just stood up and gathered the pen and paper from the table. I then walked slowly and silently to the door, with Janine following behind me. As I walked in the hallway, the silence greeted me. I started to realize that the silence around the institution is getting to me and I am getting accustomed to it.

"So, how are you and Harry?" Janine asked as she walked side by side with me. I didn't turn my head to her but, I answered her question as short as possible.

"We're fine," I told her. I saw her nod in my peripheral view.

"That is good to know," She said. "He seemed to miss you Zayn. Did you?"

I nod and just continued to walk, ignoring her. This is really weird. I continued walking and accidentally, a piece of paper fell off to the floor, startling me. I stared at it, pretending I was not interested somehow that it fell off. But inside, I wanted to pick it up. I wrote something there and there is no way I want anyone to read even one word of it.

I saw Janine lean down and pick the paper up. I wasn't about to catch my breathe as she scanned the paper and read whatever I wrote there.

You've been lonely,

You don't even know me,

But I can feel you crying.

"You wrote this?" she asks. I shot her a look.

"You shouldn't have read that," I told her, angst in my voice. I stared at her and she was blinking nervously. "Give me that," I said in a very furious tone.

"I did not mean..."

"I said, give that back to me!" I angrily said. I rudely snatched the paper from her and walked away, not seeing what her reaction is. I got into my room door and entered there, slamming the door shut.

Hope that it was at least convincing.

-

-

-

-

-

I stayed inside the room for the whole afternoon even if there is an art class for us patients. Art class? I sound like a kid.

No one bothered me all throughout and I was relieved that no one barged into my room to inject me something to calm me down. If only they knew what I was doing but they don't. They don't have any idea at all. And if they do, I am pretty sure, they won't understand me.

I sat down, trying to find more words to think. There is something inside of me that wanted to write a song about a girl. But I don't know. I am not inspired, right after Lalaine broke my heart.

I read the three sentences I wrote earlier.

You've been lonely,

You don't even know me,

But I can feel you crying,

But why does it seem that I am referring this song about a person? Of course, the word 'you' is there and I am pretty sure, there is someone I am referring to.