Chapter Twenty-Two

Janine's POV

As we promised to Zayn's bandmates, his family and to the management of One Direction, including Simon Cowell, we moved Zayn back to the same floor he used to stay, this time, not to the same room he used to stay in. 

Zayn was just sitting on his bed when we got to his temporary overnight room in the next new building, where a bridge is connecting the old and that one. He was just sitting there, as if he was thinking out loud about something we don't have any idea about.

When we came in, he turned his head to us and gave us a stare that he always gives us. His face is full of mixed emotions and it seemed like that he is probably thinking about what happened yesterday or trying to process everything in his head. And I pray that he won't go mad when he couldn't.

"Zayn," I spoke. His eyes never moved away from me, Alice and Mack. Rose is in the room where we will be moving him, preparing everything. "I hope you had a good night last night Zayn."

"That was bad," he said.

"He spoke," Alice whispered without tilting her hear to either me and Mack. "He just spoke."

"That was kind of obvious to me. I heard that." Mack said.

"Well then I guess, being alone out here made that bad?" I asked. It's a good thing and it somehow shows improvement that Zayn is trying to cope up and find himself. 

"I was not comfortable with everything." He said in a low voice, his eyes now moving to stare at the wall. "I could hear myself, thinking out loud."

"That's okay and there is nothing to be afraid of any longer." I told him. "We will be moving you back there. I know that being here makes you lonely and that is what we are trying to avoid for you."

He never answered but instead, he nodded. At least, his reactions are signs that he trying to fight the depression the insanity that was affecting him. He stood up, his head down and walked towards us. Alice and Mack then walked to him, staying both at his sides. They exited the room first before I did, locking the room. I put in my mind that I have to ask someone to clean the room a bit since it was used.

As we crossed the bridge, which actually is open because the wall is glass, Zayn looked at the outside as he walked. Luckily, the bridge is far from any street because you can see the other side of  the backyard that doesn't have a street and the front of the compound. I took a peek as well and was glad that no paparazzi is lurking around.

As soon as we stepped in the end of the bridge and the beginning of the old building's third floor, Zayn stopped and froze to where he is standing.

"Zayn? Is there something wrong?" I asked. He just shook his head but still stood there, as if he is frozen. After several seconds, he began to walk. He was about to go to the path leading to his old room when I spoke. "We got you a new room Zayn. Your old room isn't safe any longer."

Once more, he stopped but this time, he turned to us. "I want my old room."

I, Mack and Alice shot each other a look. We need to convince him that he needs a new room, a room which is quite isolated from the outside, at least far from the street or the parking lot where paparazzi's might lurk around. But then, if he wants it then we should give it to him. It's not nice to tolerate a person with massive depression or who is out of his or her sanity but then if it helps them, then it should be done.

Or it might be that he wants his old room back because of Diana?

"Why do you want that room Zayn?" I asked. "Is there something in there that you want? We could just move it from that room to the new one."