Back to the Barn

Once Freddy whimpered his words, Steven felt a stab and a surge of warmth towards Freddy. Steven didn't know what it felt like to have a brother. Or even a older brother. Since he didn't have one. Chica yawned and said, "Steven, may I sleep in your bed?" Everyone looked at her. She finally talked! "Um sure Chica", Steven was dumbfounded. "This is awkward.." Steven heard Chica mumble as she climbed the ladder that led up to Stevens bedroom. Steven heard a few more movements up there and then silence. Everyone got up from their couches and went to explore. Only Freddy, Steven, and Peridot stayed behind. "Freddy, I know where we can get parts", Both Steven and Peridot piped up. "The Barn!", Steven finished. "But we need the Crystal gems to drive us there", Freddy said. "I volunteer Pearl!", Steven exclaimed. "Wait, Wait, Wait! We need her permission.", Steven could hear amusement in Freddy's voice. "I'll ask the Pearl", Peridot yelled as she left the living room. Then a few moments later, she came back with Pearl. "Yes, I'll drive you there, but we're going now.", Pearl explained. "Awesome sauce!", Steven exclaimed as he opened the screen door and raced down the porch steps. Pearl sighed and followed. Peridot yanked Freddy from his place and followed Pearl. Pearl asked Greg permission and started the Universe van. "Everyone got their seatbelts?", Pearl asked. "Yes!", Steven and Peridot exclaimed. "Wait!", Yelled Freddy. Pearl sighed and strapped the teddy bear up. He was in the passenger seat. "Ok off we go!", Pearl exclaimed as she drove the van. Steven heard Freddy sigh. He was too short to look outside the big window. As Pearl drove, Steven could see the ocean and trees rolling by. Pearl drove up a hill and the view was great! The ocean sparkled with sunshine and Steven could here crying seagulls. Caw caw! Soon, they were at their desired destination. "Lets get to work", Freddy said once everyone got off. He was in the hands of Steven.