Chapter 34

*Lucy's POV*

I think I was too happy to feel the nerves for tonight. Happy that my parents finally were trying to get to know Zayn, but also showing some interest in my life. But the thoughts were there. I mean, what if they said something embarrassing about my childhood or if Zayn asked about Lily? Lily was and still is a very touchy subject for my parents.

"Whatever" I mumbled as I stood up from my bed to get a shower. I found my iPod and connected it to the speakers. Zayn had put some of his music on it, and I made it shuffling through Queens. I've really grown a liking for that band, they truly made some brilliant music. As I stepped into the shower 'Crazy Little Thing Called Love' came on and I sang along as loud as I could, just letting all my thoughts of the dinner tonight run out with the water.

My phone buzzed from the toilet seat and I quickly dried my hand to answer the call.

"Hello?"

"Lucy?" Abby squealed excited.

 "Ow, just a second, I think my ears are bleeding"

"Oh shut up" she giggled and I could just imagine the smirk on her face.

"What is it?" I asked and turned off the water so that I could hear her better.

"What do you mean?"

"Are you serious? You interrupt my shower without a reason?"

"Oh! No, of course not, I have something to tell you!"

"Mh?" I hummed as held the phone between my ear and shoulder while wrapping a towel around my body so that I wouldn't freeze.

"I'm going on a daaateeee" she sung.

"Wow, congratulations" I said sarcastic.

"Ugh, whatever Lucy. It's with someone you know"

I thought about it for a moment while sitting down on the warm floor "Harry"

"How did you know that?" the disappointment clear in her voice.

"Duh, the two of you were flirting like crazy yesterday"

"Oh"

I laughed as I played with my wet hair, hanging it in front of my face, splashing some water all over the floor "Promise me it won't be awkward when you're done?"

I actually liked Harry now that I'd got to hang out with him. He was very generous and thoughtful and he cracks the funniest, most vulgar jokes ever. It would be a shame if we couldn't hang out all of us because of Abby and him.

"What do you mean 'when you're done'?"

"Well... You normally don't keep the same guy for a long time and I think Harry is the same"

"Oh well, we'll see Lulu. I gotta go. Good luck with the dinner tonight!"

"Thanks. See you"

I hung up and quickly jumped into the shower again, finishing off my hair. When I got out I put some lotion on my tanned skin and got dressed in a matching pair of black underwear. I went into my room and picked a light blue, loose summer dress from my closet and went for the 'bare-foot-look'.

"Yes?" I said as there was a knock on my door.

"Your friend is here" Leon called from the other side.

"Boyfriend" I corrected him and ran down under to see Zayn standing in front of my parents looking slightly uncomfortable.

"Hey" I whispered as I pulled him into a hug. He kissed my neck and hummed in respond.