Chapter 5.

- chapter 5 -

It was him.

It was Jeff. Jeff, the psychotic killer that I once believed as fake. But here he was, within inches away from my face, making my whole body numb from his powerful glare. My body was holding so much fear that I was shaking, like I would explode from fright at any given moment. I struggle to hold back sobs and whimpers, but I was just so afraid, and some already slipped from my lips.

I hear him chuckle. "Am I scaring you, Kaitlynne?"

Yes. So very much...

"N-no..." I swallow hard as I feel the bed become unlevel as he crawls closer.

A sickly feeling washed over me as he began to come so close, he was almost fully on top of me.

What was he going to do?!

Words could not express how scared and uncomfortable I was right now. The worst things were flashing through my mind, showing my possibilities that I didn't want to think about, and outcomes that would be even worse. It made me so nervous, that I had the brave instincts to reach my hand up, and push his shoulder back a little, so hopefully he would stop moving forwards.

To my luck, he stops.

But then he laughs loudly, finding my eye contact, and saying, "Am I making you nervous, Katey?"

I swallow down the lump that formed in my throat as he continues to laugh.

"Oh what?" he teases. "Are you a virgin?"

My face inflames with hotness, indicating that I must be as red as a tomato right now. And obviously I was, because he begins to laugh with amusement.

"What do you want with me?" I speak with bravery, not only surprising him, but surprising myself as well.

His laughter stops, and he shows me his hatred through his demonic eyes.

"What do I want with you?" he asks.

I nod.

"Well, Kate. Tell me... What's so special about you?" His look of interest was very misleading as he taps his fingers on his chin.

I swallow and shrug. "Nothing... Nothing at all."

"Then why can't I kill you?"

What...?

"What?" the words slip, making me sound exasperated, tired, witty, and confused -- and that's exactly what I was.

I see his jaw line tighten, showing off its strong, squarish structure. His eyes connect to mine, and he shakes his head. "Nothing." he states sternly. And with that, he pushes forwards again.

"Please, don't." I say tensely, moving backwards as he moves forwards. He completely ignores me and keeps insisting and pestering me to go with him.

"I know there are people that you cannot stand, Kate. That you wish could disappear.... I've been watching you." he says darkly, his voice so low.

Stuttering, I connect my words, finding unoffensive terms to keep me safe from death, which could be visiting me soon if I do not play this smartly.

"I like you and all," I begin. "but I don't think I-... I don't think I could go,"

Anger spikes through; I could tell by the darkness that swarmed over his expression. I never knew someone could look so evil, and yet he managed to do so effortlessly.

I feel his strong hands ball up the bed sheets into a fist of anger, as he lunges forwards, pushing me by back the shoulders.

"Why not?!" he yells with great force, throwing me back against the wall so hard, it causes me to black out.

=^=^=^=

I feel an incessant jerk, brought up from my shoulders, and down through my arms. My senses liven up as I begin to wake, and I could hear the voice of Kyle calling me away from sleep.

"Kate!"

I grumble from pain as the back of my head throbs and aches; Kyle's loud voice not helping much at all.

My eyes begin to crack open, I noticing the feeling of dried tears caked in streams, forming lines that stretch down my cheeks.

Kyle is the first thing I see, with his worried-panicky expression, and his eyes filled with fright.

My brows knit together as I realize he was holding me by the shoulders, as if he was shaking awake a dead body or something.

"Kate, are you okay?!" asks Kyle, his eyes wide from fear.

"Uh...Yeah." I answer, leaning up and rubbing the back of my head. There was quite a large bump there. I grimace.

"You sure? You've never slept like that... Is everything okay? Are you hurt?"

"Yeah, I'm sure...Wh.... Where's Jeff?"

He gives me the crazy look. "Jeff? Who's Jeff?"

"Oh.. Uh, no one. Sorry. Man... My head really hurts... And it's... It's really blurry in here," I say as I squint through the fog-like room, scoping around, but not finding anything unusual.

I feel Kyle reach up and touch my cheek.

"Maybe you should stay home today. And I'm staying with you. I'm not leaving you alone, you're scaring me." he tells me as he holds my forehead against the back of his hand to check my temperature.

"Okay.." I say.

He rubs my shoulder and grins, then leaves to go out to the living room to call our band director. Then after that phone all, he made another that sounded like it was being made for a doctor's office, but I wasn't for sure. I really wasn't that concerned either. I was thinking of last night; of Jeff. How he asked why he could not kill me; why he could not kill me. It confused me so damn much, and all I really wanted were some answers, right now.

I sigh and hold my forehead tightly, trying to apply pressure so that the pain would ease. Without success, I lie back down, just trying to relax my cluttered mind.

I turn to my side and yawn, cuddling closer to the bed sheets and looking at Weebles curled up beside me.

Did he see Jeff?

I roll my eyes at myself, and meet contact with my alarm clock. It was 9:15am. Kyle was already dressed and ready when I saw him this morning. He must have been trying to wake me up forever...

I squint my eyes at the pain spreading through my whole skull, and I realized, I saw Jeff every time I closed my eyes. Yes. He figured out a way to burn himself into my memory, and scare me of the night and the darkness itself. It tells me what's out there, lurking; it shows me how horrible the world could be.

Why me? Was all I could really ask myself. Why couldn't he kill me?

"Kate." Kyle steps into my room, his cell phone at his side. "I'm taking you to the doctor, okay? Get ready."

He helps me out of bed and leaves the room so I could change into cleaner clothes. I pull out sweatpants and a t-shirt, because, well, I was tired, and it's just the doctor's. It's not like there's going to be any attractive guys there, right?

I brush out my hair carefully, trying not to hurt the back of my head with the hair brush, and I slip on my shoes. Once I was ready Kyle helped me out to the car, making me hold an ice pack on my head, and he treated me as if I was as fragile as silence as he helped me into the car.

"Do you want a pillow?" he asks as he hands me my seat belt.

"I'm fine." I smile.

He shut the door and went around to the drivers side of the car, studying me as I climbed inside. I gave him a weak half-smile, and he smiles back for security.

And with that, we drove out of the driveway and to the doctor's office.