Chapter 24.

A/N: You guys are amazing. Thanks for all the reads and votes, and funny comments. It's nice to know people are happy to have me around somewhere. It's been pretty rough, yunno, since December. I'm just sick of shit. Ya feel? Okay. Well, enjoy. Thanks for reading, and please VOTE and COMMENT.

UNDITED*

Chapter 24.

For hours in the car I wondered about her. I knew it was her, it had to be. But how did she get in my room? She's just human. It's not like she has  ridiculous powers, and she can't walk through walls. The only entrances to that motel room was through the window, or the door. She had to be majorly stealthy if she got past both Aunt Cassie and I.

Then I thought.

Was she that weird feeling that was following me? Oh God, was she trying to kill me? She very well could've been. She must be tracking down Jeff, and it worried me because she's right on his trail. He had just been there that night. She's doing all the right things, following all the right clues. She's using me to find him. But for what?

My thoughts were put to rest once the car takes a bumpy turn into a long, graveled driveway, and soon enough a big, white house rose up from the distance, very familiar to me. Aunt Cassie parks the car and we step out, my shoes crunching the gravel below.

"Welcome home, Kahlen." she winks. I was so lucky that she understood, and was willing to go along with my identity plan. She was the most supportive person I know, next to my parents. I didn't realize how lucky I was to have such a strong, and supportive family. Please, never take anything for granted. Your life can dramatically change within hours. And you never know what's coming.

"Why don't get get set up upstairs. I'll get the rest of your things," Aunt Cassie says, pulling some of my bags out of the trunk. "Top floor, the only room up there."

"Okay,"

I walk through the yard and to the back door, passing by her beautiful flower beds and decorations. Wind chimes clanged lightly, making several beautiful octaves all relevate together. This was a peaceful place. I could finally find myself here. I could get back to normal. There's no doubt in my mind that I can get my life back on track, and that's exactly what I'll do. I'll be okay.

I get inside and take the familiar route to the spacious attic. From what I remember it didn't even look like an attic. It was nicer than any room I've ever had, and was warm and cool when you needed it to be. I recall it having a large set of decorative windows as well. I was excited to make it my own.

Right as I round a corner to start up another flight of stairs, I was taken back by a guy coming down the attic stairs, carrying down a few boards. He almost stops as he sees me, and was stunned in a state of surprise.

Gathering himself he says, "Oh, hello,"

"Hi," I giggle subtly. His light and rich green eyes lock with mine as he finishes his climb down the stairs, and I feel my throat become dry.

Oh, sweet Jesus...

"Who are you?" he asks nicely, setting down the boards along the wall beside him.

"I'm Kat-- Kahlen." I catch myself. "My name's Kahlen,"

He smirks, his ungodly handsome face glowing in the late autumn sun escaping through the window. "That's pretty," he says.

I grin, feeling my cheeks redden. "Thanks."

He stands there, staring at me for a good twenty seconds before I feel self-conscious and look bashfully to the ground. I bite my lip and asks, "So what's your name?"