Chapter 7.

- chapter 7 -

"When I was little.. My grandma always t-told me... that.. I had nice teeth.."

"That's nice, Kate." Kyle grunts as he and Luke struggle from keeping me from falling flat onto the ground. I wobble back and forth, trying so very hard to keep my balance, but the medicine was making me so goofy that I had no control over my balance, or really what I was saying. But it was true. My grandmother did tell me I had nice teeth.

"Kate, help me out here," says Kyle, who was trying to unlock the door and pull it open without losing his grip onto my arm.

What was I suppose to do? How do I even move my own goddamn arm?

"Kyle, I'm hungry." I mumble, feeling my eyes slowly drift shut.

"You just ate," Luke tells me, leaning my weight more over to his shoulder rather than Kyle's, so we could get inside quicker. And did I mind it? Not one bit...

"C-can I call you... Cutie?" I grin, crinkling my nose.

Luke laughs. "Sure, Katey."

Did I really just ask that?

If I could shake my head at myself, I would.

"Kate, come on." Kyle says sternly as he helps me through the door and over the ledge of the steps. Surprisingly, we got into the house without any further further injuries, and Kyle tries to take me to the couch to lay me down for a nap. It wasn't long before I started refusing.

"Kyle, no! No, I wanna eat!" I insist, trying to push past both him and Luke, my aim shooting towards the kitchen.

"Kate, you need to rest so the medication can wear off before you have to take another."

"I'm hungry!" I cry, falling abruptly on my ass once Kyle pushes me onto the couch.

"Get covered up, Kate. I'll wake you in an hour."

"I wanna sleep not here." I tell him. He pauses.

"You wanna sleep in your room?"

Before I could shake my head yes, a thought came into my fuzzy mind, and produced only fear inside of my body.

I cower. "No."

My voice was chilled, my afraid attitude shown strongly. Even Kyle could notice the dramatic change in personality. He watches me as he inches towards my room.

"Why not?"

"Don't go in there," I slur.

He eyes me. "What's in there?"

"Nothing."

"Then why can't I-"

"Kyle! Stop. Just don't... just don't go in there." I point a wobbly finger at him, and give him the strongest glare I could. To my relief, he stops and walks over to me again, pulling me up and slinging my arm over his shoulder to go to his room.

"You can sleep in my room, if that's what it takes for you to shut up and sleep." he tells me.

I crack a grin and push open his door with my foot.

His room seemed cooler than all of the other rooms in the house; the reason being, his window was cracked open slightly. I freeze and stare at it.

"Close that." I order. Kyle stops in his tracks and connects his gaze to where mine was leading. He spots the window, sets me down, and closes it without any questions. Thank God.

"Okay, Princess," he sneers sarcastically. "Now go to sleep. I'll wake you up for dinner."

"Okay."