Chapter 28.

I didn't know what to do.... What to say...

I stared down at the sparkling diamond sitting on a silver throne that had been in a box Andrew told me to pull out of the glove compartment. Only seconds had passed since he popped the question, but it felt like hours. Thoughts flying by in my head and heartache coming from my chest, where my love for Jeff still pumped and thrived with surging life.

How could I be able to marry someone with that feeling haunting me? Would I be able to? Can I keep it to myself, ignore it, act like it's not there? No... I can't.

But I said yes anyway.

So as I rode down the road with my fiance's hand in mine, I stared out of the window silently, just thinking about my other love.

Did this make me a bad person? Did it make me a whore? I don't this counts...

A sensation so cold and empty sank into the car, making my soul blacken and my mind fume with the feeling of bitter need. We enter the town, everything around us silent.

Houses pass by, emptiness takes over the streets, and the now graying sky casts an overtaking shadow on the memory-filled scenery. I couldn't handle the overwhelming feeling taking over my body, and it only got worse once I see the chipping paint and old rickety staircase of a two-part apartment building that meant so much to me.

"Hey, can you pull over real quick? I need to visit a friend before we go. It'll only take two seconds."

"Sure." Andrew smiles. "Right here?"

"Yeah," I breathe as we pull up to the curb in front of the house, taking the door handle in my hand before I open it. "Thanks."

"Mhmm." he says contently. He parks the car and unlocks my door; the clicking of the locks seeming like it was an unlocked cage, where my safety was unhinged so I could take a risk and make a choice. I open the door, and step out onto the sidewalk.

Once I shut the door, everything around me was shut off. All I could do was stare at the old windows, and at the door I would be walking through in only minutes. I take in a breath and begin climbing my way up.

Oh God, oh God, oh God, I thought with each step, glancing nervously to the door as it became closer and closer. I could feel Andrew watching me, but I had to focus. This was a either going to be a bad idea, or a good one.

My bet's on the bad, but I'm still doing it anyways. Love ruins your sense of control.

I was in front of the door, but it took me a couple of seconds before I could actually turn the handle. It screeches open, and pale light spills into the dark and empty room, helping me find a path to find him.

I walk across the creaky floor and slowly search for Jeff, looking for clues or anything else to help me determine if he was actually here or not. The slight noises coming from the back bedroom seemed to help me out entirely. With fear and a slight feel of excitement, I make my way down the hall and proceed until I reached the bedroom door.

I stop and listen before entering. All I could make out were short and strained gulps of air being taken in by someone inside. I peek into the crack of the open door, to see nothing but dark, and shiny red.

Blood. Blood was everywhere. It coated parts of the wall, it was splashed around the floor, and even had signs of struggles from the bloody feet prints trailing to the window.

And there, in the middle of the floor, lay not a victim, but Jeff the Killer instead.

"Jeff! Oh God!" I scream, busting through the door and coming to his side. He staggers his breaths and shakes as I wrap my hand through his cold ones.