FIN.

Darn procrastination, such a thief of time.

Stay safe fam.
~
RIHANNA

Do you know that feeling when everything seems in place? Like you're smiling at the world and it's smiling back? It's the most fulfilling feeling in the world, trust me. In my years alive, I have learnt that it's not about what you do but more of how you do it that really counts. I could love you with every inch of my being but if I never do anything about to show it; my love could seem unreciprocated to you.

It has been two months since Sari's stroke and my baby is doing remarkably well. There were times where it seemed like she'll never get better and those times were the worst. Honestly, if it wasn't for Sadé, baby Sari and I never would have made it.

I have started working on my next album. It is the least I could do for my Navy who have been very supportive. I mean I haven't released an album in four years! Even I felt like I deserved an album. I decided to name it ANTI which represents my journey. Most of the things that have happened to me have been very "ANTI". From getting married to a girl, to getting raped, to getting pregnant, to almost losing myself in the blur of the stars. But also a good ANTI has happened to me like getting married to a wonderful human being, to giving birth to the prettiest baby and to being the Rihanna Fenty the world knows now! The Rihanna that fucks shit up and leaves the world wondering what's next. I'm totally tooting my own horn but I am happy with how my life has turned out.

Right now I was in studio ready to lay a killer tune. I conjured up these lyrics while at home just looking at the way my life had turned out. I loved both my babies to the moon and back. Without them I would be like Rock 'n Roll without a drummer, like a week with only Mondays and like a circle with no centre! Haha totally stole that from Hairspray but you get i. I totally dedicate this gem to them.

"Are you ready?" my sound engineer guy, I forgot his name, said through the mic.

"Totally. Hit me" (okay this is strictly for South Africans HIT ME! HIT ME WITH THE MUSIC! HIT ME WITH THE MUSIC MR. BOOOOOOOONNNNEEEESSSS!)

The soothing piano intro sounded through my headphones and I was ready to lay it all down. Pour it all out so much that I would be left with a desire to create more memories. This was it. That song in an album that people should relate to. They should feel like this was written for them because in a way it was.

And you got me like oh
What you want from me?
And I tried to buy your pretty heart, but the price too high
Baby you got me like oh, mm
You love when I fall apart (fall apart)
So you can put me together
And throw me against the wall

Baby you got me like aaah, woo, aaah
Don't you stop loving me (loving me)
Don't quit loving me (loving me)
Just stop loving me (loving me), babe

Oh, and babe I'm fist fighting with fire
Just to get close to you
Can we burn something babe?
And I run for miles just to get a taste
Must be love on the brain
That's got me feeling this way
It beats me black and blue but it fucks me so good
And I can't get enough
Must be love on the brain, yeah
And it keeps cursing my name (cursing my name)
No matter what I do
I'm no good without you
And I can't get enough
Must be love on the brain

Then you keep loving me
Just love me, yeah
Just love me
All you need to do is love me yeah
Got me like ah-ah-ah-ow
I'm tired of being played like a violin
What do I gotta do to get in your motherfuckin' heart?

Baby like aaah, woo, aaah
Don't you stop loving me (loving me)
Don't quit loving me (loving me)
Just stop loving me (loving me), babe

Oh, and babe I'm fist fighting with fire
Just to get close to you
Can we burn something babe?
And I run for miles just to get a taste
Must be love on the brain
That's got me feeling this way
It beats me black and blue but it fucks me so good
And I can't get enough
Must be love on the brain
And it keeps cursing my name (cursing my name)
No matter what I do
I'm no good without you
And I can't get enough
Must be love on the brain

SADÉ

"Okay Tinashe, I'm going to need you to do that again babe." the younger girl just rolled her eyes and got back to position one. We were shooting her music video for Hands On Deck and the whole "dancing in containers" idea was providing to be rather tedious.

"Okay, Sadé this is the last time I do this part. My legs are killing me!" the girl whined and I totally understood.

"Sure babe. As long as you don't fuck it up. CAMERA ONE ON STANDBY AND ACTION!" and we were off and back to business.

This was now my life: a budding music video director, actress, wife and mother. My life was now complete. Sometimes everything feels just too surreal. I felt like I was stuck in limbo but this was the best state ever. I literally never wanted it to end. All I ask for now is stability and to live my happy ever after with people that I cared about the most in this world.

--------------------------//

Aaaannnnd that's a wrap people. It has been great. I'm actually working on writing a proper book that will be published in my country. Wish me luck.

It has been nice knowing you. Remember, I love you fam.

Mmapetja Leshilo
IG: @mmapetjal
Snapchat: Petjazana
Twitter: @LovaticLeshilo