Jamie: 12.

As the routine nearly finished I saw Crysta mess up. I don’t know whether it’s because I’ve not been here and she’s been slacking or she just didn’t seem to be in a good mood because I was back.

She wasn’t too happy about it when I arrived earlier. Most of the team were shocked, I know, but they didn’t mind. Crysta on the other hand, wasn’t all too pleased to see me. That or she was just shocked.

A little pain ran down my spine as I was lifted into our final position. The crowd cheered. We kept where we were, in our final stand, for five seconds before the music stopped and we were let down.

Everyone was cheering, but before I could acknowledge any of that, something hard ran into me. I laughed, hugging Logan back.

“You’re here! You’re really here!” she shouted over the people.

I hugged her tighter, realising how much I missed her; how much I needed her; and how hard life would be without her. She was my best-friend. No-one could change that. And the thought of ever having to leave her, for any reason, breaks my heart just a little each time.

“I am.”

She let go, holding me at arms distance so she could look at my face. Probably, like me, she was studying every part of my face, picturing back the bits that had started to blur from just memory. She was exactly as she was before, except with shorter hair.

“I can’t believe it’s really you!”

I frowned, and she quickly noticed this. “What?”

“You cut your hair?” I asked. I didn’t intend, but my voice sounded like it had a sigh behind it.

She shrugged. “I wanted a change.”

“Oh.” I replied, relaxing. “That’s cool.”

“You don’t like it.” She said quickly, her mouth turning down. “You hate it don’t you? Oh god—”

“No!” I said quickly. “I don’t. I like it.”

She sighed in relief. “Good.”

“Trying to impress someone by any chance?” I smirked.

She cheeks went slightly pink. “No!”

“Yes.”

I turned around, wondering where the voice was coming from. It certainly wasn’t Jenna’s voice. Instead it was of a boy, who I didn’t know. I took a double take on him after seeing him, in the corner of my eye, wink at Logan.

“Excuse me?”

“Tom!” Logan moaned. “Go away.”

“And miss the opportunity to speak to this beautiful lady? Never.”

“E—”

“You don’t look like a cheerleader?” The boy said, ignoring my attempted protest.

“What?”

“Well aren’t cheerleaders blonde? You have black hair. I like you’re eyes, though, very icy. It’s sexy.”

“Tom!” Logan punched in, hitting the boys arm lightly.

“What?”

“You’re such a flirt. At the party you were hitting on some guy and now Jamie?”

“Don’t you know it baby!” he smirked at Logan, and I turned back to her, raising an eyebrow.

“Logan—”

“So your name is Jamie?” he interjected.

“Yes.”