Jamie: 10.

College is killing me. I'm constantly tired. I have really bad writers block and no time to write! I feel so meh. ://///

___________________________________________________________________________

There was a slight, soft knock on my door and I pulled my top over my head quickly before answering it.

Vincent had an eyebrow raised, as soon as I opened the door, and Fletcher stood behind him.

“Can I help you?” I asked.

“Yes.”

There was a pause.

“Well?”

“I’ll scratch your back, if you scratch mine.”

I gave Vincent a flat look. “What’s the price?”

“I’ll distract mom, letting you and Fletcher leave early, if you give me a tenner.”

“What? That’s not fair! Why am I even leaving early? Why would you need to distract mom? What’s she got planned?”

“Um…” Fletcher said, scratching his head. “I wanted to show you something before school.”

“Oh.” I replied, glancing at Fletcher, feeling my face immediately relax. “Okay.”

“Wonderful.”

“Wait,” I said, after hearing Vincent’s voice, “what do you need ten-pounds for?”

“I’m going on a date tonight.”

“Really?”

“Really.”

“With who?”

“Someone from my past. She went to my school.”

I grinned, “did you date her in school, too?”

“No.” he said quickly, avoiding his gaze, but soon he caught it again. “Yes.”

“Thought so.”

“How did you know?”

“I’m magic.”

“Whatever. Just hurry up. Mom will be on your tail in about five minutes time if you’re not downstairs for breakfast.”

“I don’t see why I can’t just go down for a slice of toast—”

“Already sorted!” Noah shouted, running down the hallway with a plate of toast and eggs.

“Why doesn’t anyone want me to go down to breakfast?”

“We want to give you a break,” my sister shrugged. 

“Oh—”

“Plus, if you have the opportunity to not have to take your tablets, would you take that opportunity?”

I paused for just a moment. In my head, I could hear my mother’s voice; her boring tone telling me to take my tablets.

“She’ll get pissed.” I said as I nodded enthusiastically.

“So?” Noah grinned.

“I’ll get ranted at when I get home.”

“Who said you need to come home tonight?”

I gave my sister a quizzed look. I hadn’t planned to stay at Mason or Hadley’s, I couldn’t just go there tonight because I didn’t take my tablets and would be avoiding my mom. That would be pointless, and stupid. Unless… I just said I was so busy packing for theirs I forgot to go downstairs for breakfast.