Epilogue

So, this is the final part of Between Logan and Jamie and I must say, Immy ended it beautifully. All the talks of writing and planning a book together have paid off because we're both so emotional over this and it's ending. A piece of each of us have died.

I hope you enjoy this ending, because now it's over.

I so want to cry.

Check out the gorgeous Imogen via the dedication.

I just want to give her a thanks, for being amazing and writing this with me.This story couldn't have gone better in my opinion and you really brought out Logan alive. Well done. I'll always remember you as Logan, because that's what made me believe in this story. This story worked because although I had to put myself into the shoes of Jamie, I easily imagined you as Logan. That's what makes you a best friend, because you're not just Immy, you're also Logan.

Remember our dream, we'll do it one day, but until then, I hope all of you lovely readers enjoy this and respect the plot. People - young people - battle things like cancer, depression, loss of a family member, bullying, homophobic bullying, vicous remarks and the burden of having a secret every day. And I hope this story reminds people that it still happens, and that we should think about the people.

Enjoy!

~~~

Twelve Years Later

I fiddled with my dress, and looked up at the sky. “You had better be fucking grateful, Jamie Isabel Waverly. I’m wearing heels for this occasion.”

As I stumbled up the path, I couldn’t help but think that really, nothing had ever changed. I still really wanted to wear my flats.

“Why didn’t you wear your flats?” Noah asked immediately, as I tottered into her sight.

I sighed; she hadn’t seen me in over eight months and that was the first thing she’d said to me. “Lovely to see you too, Noah.”

“You know what I mean,” she shrugged, and then picked up her sticks. “I’m going to take my position at the drums. Enjoy the show.”

“You’re playing?” I asked, looking around. This year, the weather was warm and sunny, so Jamie’s parents had decided to hold the celebration outdoors, underneath a huge marquee with a band playing.

Noah nodded. “Dad wanted something a little cheerier. All the previous bands have played-”

“-melodramatic tunes,” Fletcher finished for her, walking up behind her. “Yeah, I agree. Dad’s looking for you, though.”

“On it,” Noah said, promptly disappearing.

I smiled at Fletcher. “You alright?”

Fletcher nodded. “If Jamie was here, she’d tell me off for being miserable.”

“True,” I agreed. “Brookleyn around?”

Fletcher shook his head. “She’s stuck in traffic, so she’ll be a bit late. She’s panicking as usual, though.”

I sighed. “Tell her not to worry. Jamie would understand.”

“I did, but you know Brookleyn,” Fletcher shrugged, and then looked over his shoulder. “Oh, Aiyen’s here!”

I smiled as he calmly walked off to see his brother; he’d grown up to be such a gentleman. All of Jamie’s siblings were so different now. When I came back every year for her birthday celebration, they’d changed so much I spent the week I was there trying to get to know everyone again. Not that it was difficult; they were like my family. They treated me exactly the same each time, and I’d never let them forget me.