The Girl And The Bird, The Wolf And The Knife

Amber

Amber was waiting with Niall and Liam, Liam looked deep in thought while Amber was sure Niall's expression reflected hers, they both were nerves's and uncomfortable.

Emily had just then come through the door "Amber, would you like to come through?" Emily asked her.

Niall and Amber glanced at each other before Amber stiffly nodded.

"Good luck" Liam told her confidently, easy for him to say that Amber thought irritably.

Niall gave her a supportive smile which she returned before following Emily into a smaller room and closing the door behind her.

Emily told her "Wait here for my signal"

Amber nodded.

They waited in the small cramped room for a while an awkward tension between them.

To break the silence Amber asked "So uh, how do you become a sorcerous?"

Emily looked surprised by her question and said with caution "You aren't made one, you're born one, my mother was a sorcerous, I got the magical ability s from her, though...some say we were blessed by god, that's how Sorcerous came to be, apparently"

Amber couldn't help but ask "Apparently?"

Emily gave Amber a wry smile as she shrugged and said "I'm an Atheist"

Amber blinked not expecting this, all she could think was "Oh"

Emily asked looking slightly more relaxed "What about you vampire? Do you believe in god?"

Amber said thinking back "I used to...When I was human" Amber cringed thinking about her human life and what she had lost but she carried on "Now? I'm not sure anymore, I haven't given it much thought over these past years"

Emily was about to reply then she stiffened and listened to the door, the opposite wall to where they had come in.

Emily then turned to look at Amber and said "I guess it's your turn now"

Amber gulped as Emily opened the door for her as Amber stepped into a dozy small yet homely room.

An old Lady greeted her and introduced herself as the Seer, Amber just like everybody else was very suprised.

Amber said unable to stop her self "You're the seer? I thought...well I thought you'd be..."

The Seer looked amused raising her eyebrows at Amber and said "You thought I'd be like the inquisitor?"

Amber asked as she sat down on a chair next to a desk that the seer pointed to "You know the inquisitor?"

The Seer stiffened slightly but said waving her hand dismissively as she sat down opposite Amber "Everyone thats gotton on the bad side of the slayers knows the Inquisitor"

Amber asked "You've gotten on the bad side of slayers?"

It was hard imagining this little old lady upsetting the slayers, the Seer didn't respond as she laid the cards facing down on the desk.

The Seer said ignoring Ambers comment "Choose a card my dear, they'll tell us about your future"

Amber hesitantly picked one up and turned it over, Amber blinked confused as she looked at the picture of the card.

It was a shadow of a girl, her hands were up and open, as if she had just released something and she had, near her hands a shadow of dove was flying, looking free.

The Seer said "Ah, I haven't seen you in a long time"

It took Amber a long time to realise that the Seer was talking to the card.