"Sleepover" Part 2

My mom is cooking , so I creep down the stairs to see what's for dinner. In the oven is baked chicken and dinner rolls and on the stove are mashed potatoes w/ gravy and rice.....Mmmmmmm :-)

"Skye can you set up the dinner table?" said mom.

"Sure". Since my dad died while he was in the military, and my brother has been recruited for it, it has just been my mom and I. This dinner table reminds me of them; My brother writes back every now and then..Hopefully he'll return after the war. Having family members in the military make you really appreciate what you have before it's gone.....

At the table, we never said a word to each other the entire time. When we went to our rooms, I laid on the bed and waited until my mom was sleeping. Then I crept into her room and found my iPhone, which was charging on the desk next to her bed.

It sucks that I'm punished, but don't worry, I'll be out of here before the night is done...

I went in my room, locked the door, and texted Leo...

I saw that there were 4 text messages from earlier, all from Leo. They read:

1)Skye where are you?

2)Are u okay?

3)Call me...

4)text me when u can...

I texted back:

Hey Leo...sorry I texted you so late but my mom punished me and took my phone...I just got it back and I'm on my way!

"Ok" he sent back.