The Thin Man (21)

CHAPTER 21

"You know I'm going to charge you for the drinks?" Mia called across the bar, smiling at me as I ordered a drink from Bailey. CrossX was packed tonight, The Rivera gang plus Calie and I arrived around twenty minutes ago, and we had only just gotten to the bar to order our drinks. I spotted Vince across the room, Willow was connected to his arm when she noticed me looking she planted a firm kiss on his lips. I was surprised when it didn't bother me, I didn't get jealous. I just got pissed that she was petty enough to think that would get a rise out of me.

"Oh so you're not going to give it to me on the house?" I winked at her, as she laughed and shook her head. Mia had always given me drinks on the house, it was one of the plus sides of working here and being friends with the owner. The few times that Calie had managed to get me out of the house over the past six months, we had come here and the drinks would always be on the house.

"You're lucky, you're hot Li." Mia gave in, making me laugh. I grabbed the platter of drinks, thanking Bailey and headed back to the table where the gang had planted themselves.

"Drink up guys!" I said smiling around the ground, my eyes landed on Noah who was watching me closely. He honestly, looked like he didn't want to be here. His eyes were surrounded by dark bags and were rested lazily.

It was pissing me off, if he really only came to keep an eye out on Piper, he should go home. Clinton was here and so was Justin, she was safe. He just wanted to be a pain in my ass all night long.

I looked away from him, taking a sip from my drink as scanned the room. The cop inside me always being aware of my surrounding, making sure there was no threat. My eyes once again found themselves on Vince, as he cocked his head back and laughed, Willow snuggled into his side, laughing with him. Her laugh however looked forced, there was something about Willow I couldn't put my finger on. She was familiar, I had seen her before this whole thing started. Or maybe I had seen her somewhere other than by Vince's side.

Not that she ever wandered far from there.

"If I knew he was going to be here, Ana, I would have suggested somewhere else." Calie appeared by my side. I shrugged, it wasn't even that. I was phrased by Vince being here, I was at peace with him. After finding out why he left, I wasn't angry or hurt anymore. I had closure.

However, my feelings towards Noah were something totally different. I was so pissed with him; he was the reason I had my heart broken. But how he made me feel today in his office, was something that I hadn't felt in ages, I wasn't even sure if I had felt like that with Vince. I hated myself for going there with him, and I couldn't let it happen again.

I grabbed Calie and pulled her away from the group. "Cal, I need you to promise me something."

"Sure anything." Her eyes filled with worry.

"I need you to promise me that no matter what, I need to go home with you. Do not let me go home with Noah. I can't do that, today was such a mistake. I can't do it again, he's the reason for everything and he's a suspect and I can't go there again okay?" Calie's face twisted in disappointment, I knew she wanted me to be happy but Noah wasn't what would make me happy. We could never have anything together. Like we could go in public. I'd get fired. "He's not worth losing my job for Calie."

She nodded, smiling sadly at me. "I promise." I pulled me back over to the table and picked up a shot, "Now, Liana let's dance!"

_____________________

We danced for what felt like ages, drinking drink after drink. Piper had left Calie and I go talk to Clinton, which we both pushed her to do. I laughed as the world spun around me, I wasn't even fused by Noah chatting up a girl in the corning, looking more alive than he had all night. I could feel the alcohol warming my body, hands slips around my waist as I rolled my body. Calie's eyes went wise before she smiled.