The Deal (23)

CHAPTER 24

I woke up the sound of Noah's heart still under my ear and couldn't help the smile at came to my face despite all that was happening. My heart picked up as I sighed, I knew I had to do so much today, I had to drop by my apartment, then go see Mackles and Matthews to see if they have any leads. I had to find my best friend and make sure that my father hadn't hurt her in anyway. 

I noticed Noah's breathing change and knew he was awake even before I looked up at him, smiling as he rubbed his eyes. "Morning Princess." Noah's voice was even deeper than usual and it did funny things to my insides. The thought of waking up to Noah everyday flashed through my head and I had hard time pushing it away. 

He moved his bare legs which were tangled around mine, as I smiled up at him, "Morning,"

 He looked down at me his brown eyes lightening, "I could really get used to this." My heart speed up with his words as I sat up, looking around the room and remembering all the things we had spoken about last night. 

 I looked back at Noah only to notice his eyes were locked on my legs. "Hey, playboy, eyes are up here." I grabbed his chin and tilted his head up so that his brown eyes were on mine.

He smirked, "Are they? I didn't notice." He moved towards me, I shifted back.

"Look, Noah we aren't- we can't be anything, yesterday won't be happening again. Especially since Sam is obviously out to get me, I can't risk anyone else I care about getting hurt." I froze at my slip up. Did I care about Noah? I defiantly did, more than I should've but I didn't want him to know that though.

"You care about me?" He tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"No, I meant everyone else." I said quickly but I knew he could see through my cover up as he chuckled, and moved forward pressing his lips to my lips, in a tender, sweet kiss. We both jumped apart when Piper threw the door open.

"I knew it!" She pointed at us. "I knew you slept in here," She pointed at Noah, who rolled his eyes and rested his arms behind his head looking quite pleased with himself.

"Stop looking so smug, we didn't do anything." I rolled my eyes and Noah winked at me, causing me to groan and get up off the bed. I picked up my stuff from around the room and followed Piper out, not before casting Noah a hard look over my shoulder. He chuckled again and blew me a kiss.

Cocky little shit. I rolled my eyes and walked into Piper's room just to hit her in the back. "What the-,"

"Liana, what did I tell you about my brother?" She whirled, and shook my shoulders. "He'll use you, and as soon as he's done with you he'll throw you away." I stilled, I knew all this, deep down I knew it and I knew it well. I wasn't here for love, I was here for the exact opposite, I needed to find Calie and bring down everyone.

"I know Piper; you don't have to worry." I smiled softly.

"Are you sure? Because it seems like I do." Piper shook my head, "I wish you could be the one to break him, Liana I wish for you to be the one to change him but he won't ever change, especially with the business he's in." I straightened up, this was the slip up I needed Piper to make.

I cocked my head to the side, while pulling on a pair of jeans that Piper had thrown at me, "The mechanic business?"

Piper panicked a little, "Liana, don't act like you don't know, Noah's in the Car –,"

"Piper!" I mentally cursed Noah and his shitting timing. "Liana, come down here." Piper and I looked at each other, Pier shrugged and grabbed my hand pulling towards the stairs. My eyes landed on a head of blonde hair on the bottom level of the house, I stopped short. My heart picking up in disbelief.