Chapter 4

The walk to my house from the hospital seemed so long this time. Mostly because I didn't have birds, squirrels and old married couples to distract me like before. This time the only thing that was on my mind was everything I had gotten myself into in the last 7 hours. I agreed to basically trick some guy into going out with me for $50,000. Yep. I was definately going to hell.

I walked as slow as possible. The longer I waited to go home. The longer I had before this stupid scheme. And the longer I could actually feel good about myself.

Across the street I could see a little park on the egde of a baseball field. I remember this place. I used to come here all the time when I was a kid. I could feel myself smiling at the memories, so I pushed them to the back of my head and pushed my hair behind my ears to continue my walk home. It wasn't completely dark out yet, which meant there were a lot of kids my age standing on corners with their bikes tucked under their palm, trying to talk to some girls who didn't want them. That was Ben. He used to do that to me a few years back, but I never gave him the time of day. Which is probably why he wanted me so much more. I let out a loud cough, and the three guys turned my way before focusing their attention back on the girls.

I shivered, the tiny sweater I had on didn't do anything. I could still feel the chill bumps appearing on my arms and the wind trying to blow my hair away. Bipolor weather.

It only took me about 5 minutes to get home from the park. The old lady that lives next to us waved at me as I put the key into my door. She was doing what she always did. Sitting in a rocking chair, rubbing her cat. That cat hated me. On numerous occasions, that cat has tried to attack me so I just learned to stay away from her and the cat lady.

When I walked into the house I walked straight towards my room, but not before turning on the heat. I was still cold from being outside. I opened the little closet in the hall and pulled out two big Zebra print suitcases that still had the tag on them from when me, my dad and Sinthia went to Hawaii last summer. I unzipped the top pocket to check if my passport was still hidden in there. Yup, just where I left it. There was still beads of sand on the bottom so I wiped them off before rolling them to my bedroom. It was about 12:00 so I needed to get packed and ready for my trip to England. I've never been to England before. But I've always wanted to go, so maybe I could make this a little memorable and visit some cool places while I'm there. I mean this trip doesn't have to be all bad.

I smiled to myself. I was going to england.

****

"Ugh" I groaned, throwing ANOTHER shirt on the growing pile of clothes on the floor. I didn't know what to bring. I didn't know what to wear. I know I was supposed to impress him, so I don't think my regular converse and vans weren't gonna cut it. I looked one more time before giving up hope and throwing myself on the bed. My brown hair fell all over my face so I took black hair tie ,that was wrapped around my wrist with all the other bracelets I had on there, and tied my hair into a quick pony tail. This whole thing was hopeless. I'm not even good with guys. They picked the wrong person to do this. I can already see myself trying to strut sexily toward Harry and right when I'm about to reach him, I fall...flat on my face. Charming.

I looked down on the pile of clothes for a minute before shrugging and rolling off the bed. I threw every last article of clothing that was on the floor into suitcases. I bit my lip and thought about everything else I needed. Aha I almost forgot my undies and toothbrush. I ran to my dresser and grabbed some bra and pantie sets and placed them ontop of my clothes then ran to the bathroom to get my blue toothbrush and walked to the kitchen to get the case. Yes I had a toothbrush case. It finally came in handy so hah!

On my way from out the kitchen, my eyes spotted the painting that still lied on the floor in the living room. Sighing, I slowly walked toward it, beding down to take a better look. It was so beautiful. I looked at my watch and grabbed the picture from off the ground and carried it to my room. I gently sat it on my bed as I opened my closet and pulled out a box with a new lamp I had bought I while back but never used. I pulled the bubble wrap from around the lamp and pushed the box back into the closet. I took the picture from off my bed and wrapped the bubble wrap around it. I was taking it with me, and I didn't want to risk damaging it. When my dad gets better I didn't want him to kill me when he finds out.