Chapter 6

Today was tiresome. I had spent that entire day standing in the longest line I've ever seen with heels on. So to say I was exhausted was an understatement. By the time I got to my apartment, I passed out on my bed.

When I woke up a few hours later, food was the only thing on my mind. But Unfortunately, peeping blonde forgot one important necessity. Food. She was really bad at taking care of someone. The only thing I could see her doing with a child was taking it shopping. She would definately forget to feed them. There wasn't anything in the cabinets. Well I guess this means I'm going grocery shopping.

I scratched my stomach, making my shirt rise, as I walked toward my closet and pulled out some black spandex tights and a cropped grey tank. I was only the grocery store, it wasn't like I was heading to a red carpet event. I could hear Peeping blonde in the back of my head scolding me for my outfit choice. Well here's a big fuck you to that.

When I was changed, I felt the urg to go for a run. I haven't ran since my dads been in the hospital and I missed it. It was the only time I had to free my mind and think.

I slipped on my running shoes and jumped off my bed and walked to the kitchen. I remember seeing some little cloth grocery bags in one of the drawers somewhere. After about three drawers I finally found them in the one next to the sink. I made a mental note of it and headed for the door. I looked back at my apartment one more time before closing and locking the door behind me. I lived on the 7th floor so I had to take the elevator which was just down the hall. It sat dead center between my apartment and the other one down the hall.

When I stepped out of the elevator I was greeted by the old door man.

"Well hello Ms. Valentine" he said opening the door for me. I sent him a smile and made my way to the sidewalk outside.

There were a lot of people out, just wondering the streets. Ladys with their children. People riding bikes. And for the first time since I got here, I felt loney. I didn't know how long I was gonna stay here or how long id have to go along with this. So I really needed to make some friends. Just being here made me miss Clara. And I hated it. After everything she did to me I still missed her.

I sighing, I put one of my earbuds in my ear, looking around, and started my long jog to the nearest grocery store.

It was about twenty minutes later, when I stopped out of breath, in front of a local grocery store. I leaned over, grabbing my knees, trying to get my breath back to normal. I looked up at the door as people were leaving and caught the door before it closed.

Looking around, I noticed that grocery stores in England were nothing like the ones back home. I felt like a lost puppy here.

"Excuse me" I said trying to get the attention of the nearest worker I saw putting oranges in a bin. I hope he was a worker. I dont really know how the uniform looked here.

The guy looked up at me and smiled.

"Yes?" He asked in a sweet british accent.

"Do you work here?"

"Yea. Do you need some help?" He asked standing up and looking down at me. He was kinda cute.

"Actually I was just looking for the dairy products" I began, trying to look around for it. "But um yea I give up" I said smiling sheeply at the guy.

"Behind you" he said pointing to the area exactly behind me. I turned to look at what he was pointing at, and sure enough it was Dairy. Well if I don't look stupid.

I slapped my head in embarrassment as I watched him laugh a little, shaking his head at me.

"You must be new around here"