Chapter 20

I looked inside the room, watching the two of them go at it without a care in the world. Carolines hands were tangled in Harrys hair while his hands sat firmly on her hips, pulling her closer.

I wanted to scream, but the air in my lungs wouldn't give and I just stood there, stunned.

I could feel my world crashing down piece by piece, but I couldn't seem to pull myself away from the scene before me.

"Hey Lux I found.." I heard Louis began, before following my gaze into the room that Harry and Caroline occupied. I finally looked over at him to find him wide eyed, mouth wide open. Much like mine had been a minute ago. But not now. Now, I was angry.

"Harry!" Louis yelled, and Harry and Caroline finally broke apart. Caroline slowly slid from Harrys body, pulling down her shirt and wiped her lips, while Harry just stared at me wide eyes.

"Lux I-"

I shook my head quickly as I felt the lump making its way into my throat. I slowly walked backwards, shaking my head, gulping hard.

"Lux, I didn't mean to. I'm sorry!" Harry yelled, jumping from the couch toward me. It was that moment that I felt everything turn dark around me, my head spinning.

I need to get out of here.

I slowly turned on my heels, and did the only thing my mind told me to do. Run.

I could vaguely hear voices calling after me as I ran through the crowd of people dancing in the center of the club, pushing past each one of them, not even caring if I knocked someone down in the process.

"Lux wait!" I heard someone call after me, but I only pushed faster, swinging the club door open and pushed past the bouncer from earlier.

My whole body felt numb, and I could hear footsteps behind me and more people calling my name. But I was already to the door, throwing it open as the cold air brushed past me, causing me to cross my arms tightly against my chest running to the sidewalk along side the club. I was breathing hard, but not from the running, but from the sobs that was coming from my throat.

I could hear the distant sound of my feet clicking along the side of the pavement. And the pain in my ankle was starting to take its toll on me. But I didn't care. I needed to get far, far away from here. I didn't care where, but I just needed to go!

In the distance I saw part of a playground up ahead. Removing my shoes and throwing them behind me, I sprinted full speed toward the land, not stopping until I felt my body collapsing beneath me and I fell to the ground, and my body shook as the sound of my sobs echoed the playground. I picked at the ground as I felt my tears landing down on my hands. I angrily ripped the grass from the dirt, not caring about the odd looks I was getting from the elderly lady sitting on the bench.

I shouldn't be crying. I shouldn't. I hated it. I hated the tears rolling down my face. I hated the tightness in my throat. I hated feeling my chest heave up and down as I tried to find the air to breathe. And what I hated most? He made me like this. I let fucking Harry Styles make me this way.

Soon I felt my body ice all over and I just sat there staring at the ground, tears still finding their way down my cheek, not breathing. I was suffocating in my own body.

I could feel the cold wind blowing my hair in every direction, but I couldn't move. I couldn't get up. I pulled at the dirt, letting it slip from my hands. And doing it again, and again.

Harry said he loved me not even thirty minutes ago, and then he does this? I know I probably deserved this, but that didn't stop it from hurting. It didn't stop the stabbing feeling I was having in my heart.