Chapter 33

I could feel my heart literally pounding against my chest.

It was all very cliche. The slow motion, the overexaggerated running.

I was my very own cliche. But it was my dad how could I not be?

I didn't bother checking in, I figured Harry and Louis did it for me. Nobody cared to stop me anyways.

I hesitantly took one step out of the elevator. Though I was excited, a sudden rush of nervousness took over me. I knew that once I took one look at him I'd have to tell him everything.

Everything.

There was commotion down the hall so i followed the sound pulling at the skirt of my dress. This'll be a supriseforhim to see. He hasnt seen me in a dress since Easter and I was seven, and even then i got it dirty eithin the first 30 minutes of having it on.

I hadnt even noticed I was at the door yet. I was just standing there staring at him and I suddenly didnt knowwhat to do.

"Lux?"he croaked. I blinked, my eyes wide and teary.

I felt a slight push from behind me and turned around to see Harry giving me an encouraging smile.

"Dad' i whispered.

His pale lips formed a smile and his black eyes seemed a little bright.

"Dad!" i repeated, letting the tears fall freely. My dad laughed a little when i ran toward him like a little kid, seeing her dad for the first time after starting her first day of school.

"Careful Lux" the doctor warned, but the smile on his face told me it was ok.

So i attacked him. Well as much as i could, with him beingin a bed and all. I felt him laugh this time,as his weak arms wrapped around me.

"Dad Ive missed you so much, I have so much i have to tell you. Alot you wont like, and Im sorry. I did it all for-"

I heard a loud cough interrupting me from behind. My dad looked at the two people at the door in confusion. "How long was I out?" He laughed.

"Dad, this is my Best Friend Louis." I introduced, and Louis waved awkwardly, saying hi.

"Oh nice accent"

"Thank you, not as cool as yours" Louis laughed, making my dad laugh as a result. "All this sucking up, makes me think Your dating my little girl" My dad teased, raising an eyebrow at him before looking oer to Harry, looking at our hands.

"But I'm obviously wrong"

"Dad, this Is Harry."

"Do i need to hurt Harry?" he asked, with a serious look on his face, making Harry squeeze my hand tightly.

"Dad, stop. Harry's my boyfriend...I met him and Louis in London"

"Where?"

"Its a long story" I sighed, letting go of Harrys hand and taking a seat next to him by his bed.

"You should tell him, im sure he could use a good laugh" Louis smiled. "We'll go wait outside" he offered, and I nodded, grateful for what he was trying to do.

Once we heard the door close, my dad looked up at me with worried eyes. "Lux whats going on?"

I sighed, rubbing my temple."Dad I'd tell you but..Your going to be so upset and dissapointed"

"Lux, just tell me. It cant be too serious. Why and how were you in London, start with that"

"Well....I met this girl named Stacey..."

"I raised you better than that!" He shook his head, giing me a disapproving look.
I frowned, and layed down next to him and he scooted over so that i could hug him.

"I know dad, but i couldnt lose you! Your all that I have right now"

"And you have no feelings for this boy?"

"Thats the thing, I dont even know anymore. Ive been denying it and denying it, but the more i do, the more amazing i find him and the more its hard"

'You sound exactly like me Lux" He chuckled. "take it from someone who couldnt read a sign if it saved his life. The way you were looking at him, thats not pretending. Somethings there. Whats your heart saying Lux?"

I bit the inside of my mouth sighing and shrugging.

"That Im hurting him"

"Deeper than that, Look deeper or Im gonna tell him to come back in and make you tell him."

I groaned, looking out the windowat Harry and Lou. Louis had his attention to hisphone, but Harry kept peeking in every two minutesand i caught his eye, watching him smile in Satisfaction.

"That you and everyone else are right. But then Ben comes in and-"

"Ben isnt worth anything but a blackeye. Look at Harry, look at how worried he is. Thats all i could ask for is someone I know will take care of you....And watch the Sunday night game with me" He joked, and i rolled my eyes.

"I'll watch it with you dad."

'Aww sweetheart....you dont know football to save your life" We both laughed bfore sighing,