Chapter 27 Secrets Within Words

Liz's PoV

"What do we do now?" Sienna asked as we saw Lydia's car driving off to God knows where.

"For starters, go back home, freshen up, eat something and then sit and think."

"About what?" Sienna asked.

"Do you really want me to list them out?" I said.

"Um." Sienna looked unsure.

"Just come on."

"Shouldn't we sneak in or something?"

"Why would we sneak in?" I asked confused.

"So we don't get caught." Sienna said.

"So what if we get caught? Mom would be in office and I don't think any of my servants would dare 'catch' us." I said air quoting the word catch.

"Oh."

"Come on."

We entered through the front door where Cilia, Harold's daughter rushed from the kitchen to greet us.

"Miss Wakefield. Miss Walter. What would you like for breakfast? Mrs. Wakefield is in her office and she told me to ensure that you both had food so what would you like to have?" Cilia rushed out.

"Huh?" Sienna said.

I rolled my eyes.

"Cilia, be a darling and tell Harold to ask the cook to prepare the usual. Once you have done that you can come to my room. I need your help with something." I said and started walking to my room.

"Of course miss. Of course." Cilia rushed back towards the kitchen.

"Isn't she too young to be working as a maid?" Sienna asked me.

"She isn't our maid. She just sticks around with her father Harold and acts as a messenger." I said.

"Oh."

"Do you wanna freshen up?" I asked.

"Yes. I want to see Prim too."

"Alright. You can use that room on the left, I will leave some clothes for you." I said and started walking towards my room.

"Um OK thanks." I could hear Sienna mutter as she made her way to the room I had pointed out.

I reached inside my room and closed the door.

Suddenly someone knocked at my door.

"Ms. Wakefield, I did as you told. Anything else I can help you with?" Cilia's voice followed the gentle knocks.

"Come in Cilia. No need for such formalities. Also here take these clothes and leave it in the room down the corridor to the left for Sienna. If she asks for me tell her I am busy freshening up and will join her soon." I said and handed a jeans and top to Cilia.

"OK ma'am." Cilia said and left my room.

I closed the door and looked around, taking in the familiarity of my room. It had been just one night but it felt like ages.

Things had begun to catch up with me. Too many thoughts at once whirled through my mind.

Who is Lydia? Who are Natalie and Nathan? Is Nana alive?

I wished the last one was true. Nana was the closest person to me on earth. She and I shared the same personalities.

"People in this world are blind to so many things sweetheart. You know what makes us different? We have the eye to see past the shimmering curtains of lies, it's all about practice."