Chapter 6 The Bestfriends

^^Pic of Cassie ^^

Liz's PoV.

"She is insane!!" Cass screamed on the other line.

"Cass, breathe! It's gonna be okay." I said to Cass through the cellphone.

"I don't know Liz, they might as well stab me. Gran Pat is the worst matchmaker I have ever met. Ryder!? Seriously?" She grumbled.

"Ryder is not that bad." I said.

"Yeah? Says the girl who rejected him." Cass replied.

"Ok. In my defense I was already crushing on Jullian Graymark in school and he wasn't helping by staking a claim on me like some sort of crazy alpha or something." I said.

"Whatever. End of the story he is a douchebag and I am going to kill him if he even tried to do something. Or even better, kick him where the sun never shines." Cass said.

I chuckled. "You are the weirdest kind of crazy I have ever met." I said.

"But you love meeee....." She sang.

"Seriously?" I asked.

"What are you waiting for.... Love me like you do, love me, love me like you do.." She sang and I couldn't help laughing.

"Seriously? Now shut up!" I said.

"Okey dokey Ms. Always grumpy!" She sang like a toddler.

"Urghh Cass. I am not grumpy. Just peachy." I groaned.

"Mhmm whatever you say Ms Grumpy-in-deniaaaalll oww! Ouch! Damn! Oh no no no AAOUCH!!!..." I could hear crashing sounds from the other line.

"Cass!? Cass!?? What happened? Cassie!????" I was worried now.

"Stupid attic. I am fine Liz." She groaned.

"Thank god! You scared me. What happened?" I asked her.

"Well, mom asked me to get some antique pot from the attic. Dylan being the lovely man he is magnificently faked a sprain and poor little Cass the Cinderella had to do all the work." She fake sobbed.

"Well well, Cinderella, where is your prince charming? Because last time I checked you did purposely drop the said prince your number. Any response?" I asked her.

"Nope. I am soo over him. Anyways Liz can you do me a favour? So well, uhh, the antique pot I was talking about is well not in a pristine condition so could you please send one from your house? Just for a few days. Please?" She asked.

"Yeah sure. Why not?" I said.

"Thanks Lizzie. You are the best. I will send my driver to pick it up. Love ya. Bye." She said and hung up.

I rolled my eyes. She is crazy.

"Harold?" I called. No response.

"Harold.. Ohh." There was a post-it note stuck on the fridge.

Cook was unwell and there was shortage of groceries. Will be back soon ma'am.

"Uh oh. Now what?" I spoke out aloud. I could always ask the security or any other servant to do this task. But I didn't want to. All my precious stuff was hidden up in the attic. Better I go get them myself.

With this thought I went up to the attic. Unlike any attic, this one was in pristine condition. All things properly marked and kept. Only I knew about the secret floorboards where I had buried my diaries and other personal belongings.