Chapter Nine

(Jazmine's POV)

I woke up to a feeling of pain in my right arm. I opened my eyes to investigate and found that my vision was blurry, but it looked like I was in some dark, abandoned warehouse. I looked down at my right arm and saw an open cut on it with blood flowing down it. "Suprise," a cold voice said somewhere to my left. At this point my vision was back to normal. It had been Ray.

"What the," I started.

"Well if you don't remember you ran away with Jacob and I found you," he inturrpted.

"Ray, what are you talking about?", I asked not remembering anything he said I should.

A look of irritation and confusion came over his face. "You mean you really don't remember?", he asked. I shook my head. When I shook my head he became angry. He gave me a firm slap to the face. Even though I couldn't see what he had done to my face, I knew his slap left a red handprint on it.

When he had slapped me I started to remember everything that happened between me and him. For over a week he had raped me every night. I once trusted him but he ruined it all because i was hugging some stranger. I looked up at him with disgust. "This is all because of your fear of me cheating?", I asked.

"Oh we're just getting started," he replied.

I looked up at Ray like I was confused. At that moment he cut a piece of rope and two small pieces of duct tape. Ray came up to me and violently shoved the rope in my mouth as something to gag me. He stuck the two pieces of tape to either side of the rope in my mouth.

After he had done that he went to get a knife from his assortment of knives. I got a good look at his knife kit and noticed that he had a pack of knives that seemed to only be used for assaulting or harming people.

Ray grabbed a knife that was smooth on one side and had a jagged edge on the other. He made his way toward me and I started backing away in my seat. I couldn't do it well so I fell back in my chair. I landed on my back and knocked the air out of my lungs.

Ray came to me and lifted my chair violently. He started carving something into my arm. When he finished it looked like he had carved an R into my arm. Probably his way of claiming me.

Ray put that knife away and searched through his kit of knives for another knife. He picked out a small dagger and started stabbing me in the shoulder with it. I felt tears rushing to my eyes but I tried to stop them from flowing. I was not going to give him the satisfaction of seeing me cry. He started stabbing me a few more times. Each time he did this he would wrap up the cut so I wouldn't bleed out.

After a while of this I remembered everything that happened between me and Jacob. Us going to Barcelona, making up, leaving Barcelona, our trip to Paris, and me leaving him. I shouldn't have left him. I felt bad for what I did. Suddenly I remembered something. We both had a way to track each other through our phones. But I doubt he would do much. I had left him. I wouldn't come back if I were him.

Ray put the knife away and started rummaging loudly through his bag. I heard the door silently open. My head turned to the side of the door and saw Jacob entering. When our eyes met we just stared at each other.

I heard Ray zip up his backpack and quickly turned my head towards him. He was silent but I noticed he had picked out the rope.

Ray cut the rope into a piece that was about eight inches long. Ray brought the rope up and swung down hard on my arm, leaving a red mark on it.

I felt the burn immediately and tried so hard to hold back my tears. I gave a quick glance towards Jacob's direction and noticed his face turning red but he didn't try to attack or anything. It was bad timing and he was smart enough to know it.