Chapter Twenty-Four

(Jazmine's Point of View)

As I fell onto his chest, I could feel it rising and falling, meaning he was laughing as well.

All the commotion up here caused Adande, Ace, and Aaliyah to come upstairs and check it out.

Meanwhile, Josh and Tanisha were trying to find the source of the mysterious odor with their noses pinched tight. Adande walked into their room and quickly walked out. "It smells like crap in there."

Now, it was obvious that Sean and I had been the people behind the smell in Josh and Tanisha's room because of our hysterical laughter. I wiped my teary eyes to get a better look at Josh's face.

I could see him staring at me with a look that meant vengeance. Just then, Aaliyah screamed. She probably went into her own room.

Ace ran in to see what was wrong with her before screaming and swearing.

Before I could wonder where Monica and Jeremiah were, the two came running up the stairs.

They went into Josh's room, whose door was wide open, and began to talk to him, but I couldn't hear anything because Sean and I's laughter was too loud in my ears. When Josh spared me an evil look, I finally knew what they were talking about.

Slowly, with my knees trembling, I stood up and began to walk over to Adande and put my arm on his shoulder. "It was his idea."

I bolted away from him before he could scream that he didn't do anything. Behind me, I could hear Sean's footsteps following me in the same pace. I ran downstairs and crawled between a small space behind a couch that was leaned against the wall.

I heard Sean grumble something unintelligible when he realized that he was too big to fit behind the couch with me.

In a matter of time I could hear Josh stomping down the steps. I scooted over to the side of the couch I entered the small space in and peaked to see if Sean found a hiding place.

Choking on myself not to laugh, I watched as Adande snuck up behind Josh with the bowl of fruit salad he had been making and dumped it on Josh's head before running away.

I finally remembered what he meant by 'Sharlene's fruit salad'. At a family reunion a few years ago, Josh brought one of his two girlfriends at the time with him. When she found out Josh was cheating on her, she grabbed the bowl of my mother's fruit salad and dumped it all over his head before stomping away.

And now, once again, Josh had fruit salad all over his head. If he wasn't mad before, Josh was sure mad now. Josh snorted out a grape from his nose as Tanisha came down the stairs.

A worried look grew on her face as she approached Josh.

In the meantime, I stayed crunched up behind the couch, watching the whole situation with a curious smile on my face and quietly giggled.

Josh whipped his head to my direction. I guess he heard me because he came charging in my direction and peaked through the tiny opening between the couch and the wall.

Pretending I was scared, I backed away to the other side of the wall.

Without a warning, I was lifted out of the enclosed space from the couch by a pair of strong hands. I squealed as I felt myself being dangled upside down over someone's shoulder.

I began to pound on the persons back and screaming for them to let me down, choking on my own laughter.

"You left me behind," Sean's voice whispered, practically in my ear.

I tried to keep myself from laughing. "You were too fat."

I heard Sean chuckle. "We both know I'm not fat baby girl."