Chapter Sixteen

(Jacob's POV)

When I got home, I threw my keys, or Jazmine's keys, on the table and sunk down on my couch.

I threw my face in my hands, deep in thought. What did do? I kept asking myself. Should I tell her?

I stopped myself right there. No, a voice in my head told me, don't tell her. I decided to listen to that voice.

I spaced my fingers and looked through them. I scanned the room. It had been bare. I wasn't really much of a decorator.

I tried to remember how Jazmine and Ray's house looked. The part of their house I was in had black, white, red, and grey checkered floors. The walls had been white and their furniture had been red and white. Their flat screen Samsung TV was red and its stand was made of smooth, white birch wood.

Snap out of it.

I put all of my fingers back together and pulled my hands down my face, stretching it. Whenever I was away from her I would try to find the smallest things to remind me of her, from her house to her favorite food. I was in deep.

But I probably ruined any more of my chances I had with her when I kissed Jaida. And when TMZ caught it.

I shouldn't have even went out with her. I knew who she was. I knew what she did to Jazmine. I knew better. I'm sure Jazmine wouldn't like the fact that I went out with and kissed the girl who got her kicked out of her best friend's birthday party.

Trying not to think about the wrongs I did earlier in the evening and this afternoon, I decided to turn on the TV. When it came on, I saw a photo of me and Jaida kissing.

I immediately turned it off. Of course, the channel had been TMZ. Even though I hated the show and even everyone who worked there, it was still always on my TV.

Not wanting to guilt myself anymore, I decided to go to sleep.

I got settled in my bed and was slowly drifting off to sleep when I heard my phone whistle.

I let out a low groan, but sat up in my bed and grabbed my phone from my bedside table.

It was a text from an unknown number. It read: "!!!"

I raised an eyebrow, confused. "Who is this?"

I waited for a reply. "Do the words pink headed hoe ring a bell?"

I dropped my phone. I hadn't seen or talked to Bahja in years, after... How had she gotten my number? After thinking for a while, I finally remembered. It was when I gave her my number to give to Jazmine. She must've taken it and copied it to her phone for herself. Same old nosy Pinky.

"What do you want?" I asked her.

"You cheated on my sister." I rolled my eyes. "If she was your sister how come I didn't see you at the hospital?" I asked.

I had to wait a while for her response. "You're right I wasn't there" I raised my eyebrows. "I never even liked her."

Annoyed I typed back, "Fake ass bitch." turned my phone off, and went back to sleep.

When I woke up it was around eight o'clock. I did my daily routine and got dressed.

I went to the mirror on my dresser and threw my elbows on it and started pulling at the roots of my hair, like I always did when I had done something terrible.

I decided to finally get over myself and grabbed a random set of keys to go to the floral shop near the hospital.

When I got there it was surprisingly empty, except for one person. Bahja.