Chapter Thirty-Two

(Jazmine's Point of View)

A week had passed since we were held up in the basement. Since Sean had been killed.

I refused to leave Sean's dead body. No one could pull me off of him. Despite the wound being in his brain, I tried anything that could save a life. All my efforts were futile though. 

When the police wanted to take his body, Josh had to pull me off of him. That resulted in me punching, screaming, and kicking my brother. But everything I did was pointless. Josh was simply stronger than me.

Josh held me tightly by the waist while I watched the newly arrived ambulance put Sean's dead body on a stretcher.

I stopped my loud protests when I saw one of the ambulance workers cover his face with a sheet. That was when I realized that I would never be seeing Sean again, except for in my dreams. 

After I finally let that fact sink in, I was quiet for the rest of the police's time in my basement. Josh was forced to answer all of the questions.

Most of the cops were polite about my situation, but one seemed to be having a bad day and suggested that I see a therapist.

I refused to go to the hospital, and the ambulance deduced that it was fine since there were no physical  wounds on me.

I asked one of the people from the ambulance why they were there when there was no real evidence that anyone had been shot. Their response had been because they heard a gunshot and it was protocol for an ambulance squad to go to the scene of the crime, but I didn't believe it. It was pretty obvious that the only reason they came was because I was a celebrity. Damien had explained something like that to me.

That got me to thinking about the special treatment celebrities got in Los Angeles, and what Mason said made sense.

Thinking closed mindedly about it, what Mason wanted wouldn't work. However, thinking more about it, his idea just clicked. 

If Mason's and my "relationship" worked out and made us look like a cute couple, there would definitely be public outcry. Nowadays, the police force would do anything to avoid people complaining to them. 

If Mason was caught doing something illegal, I couldn't imagine how many times someone would say he was framed, and then the police would give up, like they almost always did.

Once the ambulance were finished with Sean's body, Josh told them what to do with it. I didn't really bother to look into what was being instructed, because I would end up looking back at Sean's lifeless body covered by that periwinkle sheet. Josh was probably the best person to do take care of the whole ordeal anyways, since I wasn't in the best state at the moment.

When the police asked us questions, Josh didn't hesitate to snitch. Quite the "OG" he was. More like OP, obvious poser.

Him answering the questions with such speed and assurance actually made me laugh, a dry, bitter one, but a laugh nonetheless.

The whole commotion went on without me doing anything but just sitting down by myself, watching everyone move around. I was left alone for the rest of the day, and thank goodness. I really didn't want to speak to anyone.

When that whole ordeal was done with, I went to my room, and stayed there for six days. Three times a day, Josh would bring me a meal.

It was the same with all eighteen meals. I would eat about half of it, and decide not to finish it. In my grief-filled mind, the rest was left for Sean, since he enjoyed eating my meals along with his. I tried to ignore my brother whenever he came to get rid of the last half of my food.