Chapter Eleven

(Jazmine's POV)

I sat in my room silently. It had been almost a week since my surgery. I hadn't heard from Jacob in a while and some of my family was supposed to come visit tomorrow. I wanted them to meet him. And another thing. I could still talk. I was never mute. Acting really does pay off. I just wanted time to think without having to answer questions. I didn't want Ray to go to jail. But I couldn't be with him or anything. I sighed.

A nurse suddenly stepped into my room with a sympathetic look. He silently handed me a paper. It looked like it had been printed from a computer. It was an article from CNN. It read:

We have heard reports of Hollywood singer, Jacob Perez, being taken into custody. We had received many reports from people in the waiting room of him harassing the lady at the front desk. CNN reporters seemed to have caught up with the woman was supposedly harassed and asked questions which she answered willingly.

"Well I was just mindin' my own business working and then he started saying very rude things."

The lady who has been identified as Olivia Larkin, also said that he even threatened her. "He gave me very threatening looks and said under his breath 'If this lady doesn't stop', even though I hadn't done a thing," she said to the CNN reporters clearly in distress and shock.

We got a little information on what happened in the questioning room and it is said that Mr. Perez had been very smart-mouthed. We are still waiting for more information on this matter.

Sources: Olivia Larkin, Anonymous.

I put the paper on the bedside table angrily. I knew Jacob wouldn't do things like that. I sat in deep thought for a few minutes. I felt a tapping on my shoulder, "Ma'am."

I looked up at the person who had given me the paper. I had to make a tough decision. Either stay quiet and let Jacob's name be tarnished, or have Ray stuck in jail. I chose Jacob.

I took a deep sigh. "I have a confession to make."

The nurse gave me a confused look like he had many questions but he just stayed silent.

"I can still talk," again he stayed silent but this time he gave me wide eyes. He looked as if he didn't know what he should do.

"Can we just pretend that I miraculously started talking again?"

The nurse nodded and walked right out the door. Probably to go find a doctor.

I waited until he reappeared in my room, following behind a doctor.

"Ah Miss Thorne," he said with excitement. "Congratulations on being able to talk again. I must say you're recovery came earlier than expected but its all good and well."

I gave the doctor a small smile. "We would like to keep you here for three more days, then you can leave on Friday," he finished.

"Do the police want to question me?"

"In fact they do, but they would have to come to the hospital. Would that be fine with you?"

I nodded. The doctor turned towards the nurse. "Damien could you make an appointment for someone at the police station to come and interrogate Miss Thorne?"

Damien nodded and walked out the door. "I'm going to check on other patients Miss Thorne," the doctor said. "Let one of the nurses know if you need any help."

With that he left out the door, closing it behind him. I sat bored for a while until there was an opening of the door. It was Damien. "I talked to the people at the police station and they said that Detective Marsh would be here to interrogate you at three."