Chapter Five

On the last day of filming I woke up naked next to Ray again. It had been the same thing everyday. He took me to shoot and just sat there watching. I tried to get out of his grip on my shoulder but he wouldn't let me go today.

"You're not leaving," he said sleepily but forcefully.

I was done with him and his bullshit. I wasn't even scared of him anymore. I'd seen everything. "Why not?", I asked glaring at him.

"Ask me that again," he said angrily.

Testing him I asked "Why. Not?".

"Jazmine you're testing me," he said obviously trying to keep his patience.

I decided to try getting out of his hold on my shoulder. He only held onto me harder. Giving up I asked why I couldn't leave again.

"You really wanna know why?", he asked and I nodded. "Because I said so."

Annoyed I broke free from his grip on my shoulder and went to take a shower. I brought the clothes I was going to wear so I could run out in case he wouldn't let me leave. When I left the bathroom I noticed Ray was asleep. I tip toed out the door and closed it silently. He didn't notice I was gone until I was all the way dome the stairs. I opened the garage door quickly and grabbed my car keys off the key rack. I was about to go to my car when he grabbed me from behind. I noticed that he was fully dressed. I kicked him in his private part and he fell on the floor. I got in my car and quickly pulled out of the driveway. As I drove to the set I noticed he wasn't following me.

Today was the last day of shooting because it wasn't a full season. I was late and I apologized to the director.

"Are you okay?", Paul asked. Paul and I had become best friends since the first day of shooting.

"I'm fine," I lied. He could tell I was lying but he didn't push it further.

When we were done shooting Claire asked me if I wanted to stay with her. Paul must have told her something was wrong.

"No," I answered bluntly.

I said bye to everyone and went to my car. It was 6:00 and I didn't want to go home yet so I visited a friend.

"Hey Bee," I said as she let me in. Her hair was pink as always. I sat down and told her everything that happened with Ray and she invited me to stay with her. I turned down her offer.

"I should be going now," when I noticed it was almost nine.

"Are you sure about that?" she asked worriedly.

"Even if I stayed here I would have to go back eventually," I answered getting up from my chair.

When I got home it looked like Ray was waiting for me at the door.

"I told you not to leave didn't I," he said a little too calmly. "Where were you?".

"I was visiting Bahja," I said quietly.

"Tomorrow I'm throwing a party cause all my boys are in town."

I looked at him confused. "Why didn't you tell me earlier?", I asked.

"Cause it was a last minute thing," he answered.

Suddenly a thought made my blood run cold. "All of them? Even-"

"Yes him too."

The only good thing about this party was I got to see Craig. I used to go on tour with Mindless Behavior cause of Ray and that's when I met him. We instantly became friends. Sometimes when I was backstage with Ray I would notice Jacob staring at me. Him and Ray were pretty good friends but when it came to me things changed.

"I'm gonna go get the liquor," Ray said snapping me out of my thoughts, "stay here."

I nodded obediently. When he left I started texting Craig.

(text convo)

Jazzy: I heard you're in town

Craig: yeah I am. Chres is too.

Jazzy: I haven't talked you in forever. Are you recording any new albums soon?

Craig: Nah. Just working on the singles.

Craig: I heard Jacob was in town......

Jazzy: Yeah Ray told me. :(

Craig: Imma come soon and visit.

Jazzy: Kay. Biiiiiiiiiii

Craig: Biiiiiiiii

(end of convo)

I heard the door open and saw Ray come in. "They didn't have anything good," he said, closing the door.

"Craig is coming over soon," I told him as he sat down next to me wrapping his arm around my shoulders. I'm surprised he was this calm after what I did this morning.

"Cool," he replied.

Ray turned on the T.V. and we started watching family matters. Next thing I know we're making out. We're interrupted by a knock on the door. Ray gets up irritated and answers the door. It was Craig. They gave each other some dap and I stood up to give Craig a hug. We talked to each other for a while, just catching up. Around twelve he left and Ray and I went to bed. I stared up at the ceiling gathering the courage to say what I was going to say.

"Sorry about what happened this morning," I said nervously.

Ray just lied there quietly for a second. "It's fine," he said. I felt like he was lying but I didn't acknowledge it.

The next day I woke up around ten and noticed Ray was gone. I got out of bed and went downstairs to look for Ray. I saw him talking on the phone and a bunch of people running around and cleaning the house.

When he gets off the phone I asked him who he was talking to.

"Just inviting a few more people," he answered. He sat down on a chair and pulled me onto his lap. We just sat there and talked.

When it was time for the party I got ready. After 9 o'clock no one is allowed in or out until 3 A.M.

The first few people out of hundreds had arrived when I got downstairs. Two hours later the place is packed and I notice people dancing and singing. I also see Rihanna in Chris's lap and their both smoking weed. I shrug. When is she getting over him? I go back and forth mingling with the guests when Ray asks me to go upstairs. I feel him following close behind as I walk up the stairs. I notice Chresanto and Craig are in the room.

"Karma's a bitch isn't it?", Ray says as he locks the door, pushes me on the bed and rips off my dress.