Chapter Two

I drove home in my purple Bentley, thinking about Jay and I's date tonight. I gave him my number but he never gave me his. I'll know when he texts me or something I guess. When I was ready for bed I called Shania to know how her party went.

"Hey Shania!" I screamed on the phone like I always do.

"Girl it's almost one, calm yourself," she replied.

"Guess what?"

"What?" Shania replied like like an excited puppy.

"Well," I started, "you know how I got kicked out of the club right wel (gco)

"Oh yeah sorry about that," Shania said with a hint of guilt in her voice.

"It's cool," I said reassuringly, "Anyways some guy with the curliest hair saw what happened and came to check on me. We were talking a little and he asked me out for dinner."

"Wait hold on, you barely knew each other and he still asked you out. And you said yes?"

"Shania, I know it sounds stupid but I just felt like I could trust him," I said sincerely.

"Fine whatever you say," respond Shania.

"Well back to the story, while we were at dinner I was literally laughing the whole entire time. After that we went to the pier and just had sincere talks about each other," I said dreamily.

"You're in deep!" Shania screamed.

"Yeah well I gu (gco)

"Jaz I almost forgot!" Shania exclaimed. "Are we still up for the MB concert?"

"Mos def!" I yelled.

"K, woahh it's 1:30 I gotta go to bed," she said sleepily, "Night!"

"Night night!" I screamed on the phone before I hung up.

I checked my text messages and noticed I got a text from an unknown number.

(text convo)

Jazzy: who is this?

Unknown: guess

Jazzy: Jay

Unknown: yup :p

Jay: wat are you doing tomorrow

Jazzy: I'm actually going to a concert with my friend and she got us back stage passes so I really have to go.

Jay: wat about lunch

Jay: at twelve

Jazzy: sounds great

Jazzy:I'm actually about to go to bed now

Jay: night

Jazzy:night

When we finished texting I went to sleep.

I woke up at around 10:00 and called Shania to tell about my lunch date.

"Somethimg seems fishy about this guy," she told me worriedly.

"Relax," I told her.

"But we don't want another Derrick," she said quietly.

When I heard his name my blood ran cold. We used to date at the beginning of the year. He was always asking me out and telling me he loved me but I never knew why. Until one party when he got very drunk and I overheard him talking to his friends.

"I think I'm gonna breakup with Jazmine tonight," Derrick said.

"How come?", asked one if his friends with an afro.