Chapter Ten

(Jacob's POV)

"We finished operating and she made it," the nurse said.

I got up and hugged the nurse not even caring about the dirty looks I had received from the people in the waiting room. I started crying tears of joy until I was interrupted by the nurse.

"But there were some other issues," she said sympathetically.

My face fell, "Other issues?".

"She has a few scars and she'll have to go to Rehab for a while. And I'm sorry to say this but she seems to be temporarily mute."

When she said all this I tried to keep strong and look at the bright side of things. She would only be temporarily mute. That meant she would talk again one day at least. And she was still alive. "When do you think she will be able to talk again?".

"Well Jazmine was one of our luckier patients so it will only be for one to three weeks. Maybe even earlier."

"Can I go see her now?", I asked nervously. I didn't really know how to face her. If I hadn't helped her by picking up her phone. I probably only made things worse.

The nurse nodded and walked me to Jazmine's room. She was far from the waiting room in an area where it seemed people rarely visited. Probably because of security.

We finally got to her room and I gasped when I saw her. She was lying in bed and just staring out the window. I almost cried.

I cautioulsy walked up to where her bed was and waited for a while. I had been behind her so she couldn't see. I gently tapped on her shoulder. Her head snapped in my direction. She sat up so I could sit next to her.

Immediately after I had sat next to her she got me in a bear hug and sobbed silently into my arms. I gave her shoulders a good squeeze allowing a few tears to flow from my eyes.

"Jaz..." I started.

She broke from the hug and looked at me deep in the eyes. I noticed they were back to dark brown. I held her hands and stared back at her just as intense.

"I'm so sorry," I said before sobbing.

Jazmine shook her head as if trying to say it wasn't my fault. But she hadn't known I was the person who picked up her phone. I started crying. She wrapped me in her arms and held me in a tight hug. We had been rocking back and forth in the hug for a while. There was a silent knock on the door.

"Sir," a woman behind me said. I broke out of the hug and looked at the woman at the door. It was the same police officer who I had recognized from before at the warehouse. Her green eyes looked so familiar. "We're gonna need you for questioning."

"When?"

"Tomorrow at 7:00 would be fine," she said turning around and leaving the room.

I gave her a nod and she left. She suddenly came back in. "We'll have police watching you so if you try to leave we'll know," she said threateningly.

I just looked at her. She stared me down as she left. I sat down in a chair across from where Jazmine was facing. I decided to check my phone because of all the texts, emails, and notifications I must've gotten.

Many people had been asking me where I was and what was happening. I just stared down at my phone not knowing what to say. I could feel Jazmine's worried stare on me.

I sat like that for about two minutes when someone sent me an email. It had a link to TMZ. I'm guessing it had something to do with Jazmine and I.

I clicked on the link and waited for it to load. It was a small article. Probably because there wasn't much information on what happened:

Hollywood actress, Jazmine Thorne, was supposedly kidnapped by singer and part-time actor, Jacob Perez. It has been reported that they had been spotted in Spain crossing the border to France. From bank account records, it seems that Jazmine had booked a flight alone back to Los Angeles without Jacob. But about a day after Mr. Perez had also booked a flight to L.A.