Chapter Twelve

(Jazmine's POV)

The next morning I felt soft tapping on my shoulder.

"Jaz," a sultry voice rang out, stretching the Z in my name.

I kept my eyes closed and turned to the other side of my hospital bed. "Jazmine don't you want to see me?"

I got up with a start and wide eyes. I recognize that voice. I turned back to my original position. "Jacob?!"

He smiled and I hugged him and started crying. "I missed you so much!" I exclaimed with my face in his shoulder.

Jacob and I pulled apart. "I missed you too," he said, with his smile still on his face. "Hey..." he started.

"What?" I asked, my smile slightly falling.

"You can talk now."

I punched him playfully in the shoulder and started laughing. After I caught my breath I asked him, "What exactly happened?"

He shook his head and sighed. "LAPD crooked and don't wanna see a nigga shine."

I cracked up laughing. "I'm being legit."

"Okay fine," he started, "Well to start off the lady at the front desk was being rude. She was literally chewing gum and reading a book. When I got there I went to talk to investigator he was wearing sunglasses so I'm pretty sure you know how I reacted."

I laughed because I knew exactly what he would do.

"And after questioning I got arrested," he finished.

"I'm guessing you were interrogated by Detective Marsh."

"Yeah. How'd you know?"

"I had him too. He got here at exactly three and tried to shake my hand."

"You're lucky. All he wanted to do was arrest me."

I laughed. This was one of my most favorite things about him. His funny personality. Suddenly I remembered something.

"Jacob..."

"What?" he asked with his voice filling with concern.

I reached over to my bedside table and picked out the CNN article I got yesterday. I handed it to Jacob.

"What is this?"

I watched him read it. His eyes scanned the paper and he furrowed his eyebrows, as if he was confused.

"This isn't true, or at least all of it."

I leaned my head over to see his face. "What do you mean all of it? You didn't threaten her did you?"

"You don't honestly think I threatened her do you?"

I shook my head. Jacob nodded, "Okay."

We sat in silence for a while. Me staring at my hands and him looking at some random spot on the wall. A knock on the door was what knocked us out of our silent trances.

"Ja- Miss Thorne," someone said as they opened the door. It was Damien.

I looked up at him and gave him a small smile. I could feel Jacob's mysterious glances going back and forth between Damien and me.

"Some of you're family said they would be coming at around three."

I looked at the clock and saw it was nine. "Thanks for telling me," I said as Damien left the room and closed the door behind him.

"So your families coming," Jacob said next to me. I turned my head to the left to look at him. "Do they still live in L.A.?"

"Um no, they retired in Orlando, near my dad's brother."