Chapter Seven

(Jazmine's POV)

I woke up next to Jacob. His hand was on my cheek and I had been cuddling his arm. I cried silently thinking about the night we first met. That was the best night of my life. I hadn't even had something like that with Ray. Thinking about him made me cry even harder. Jacob felt my warm tears on his arm and woke up.

"What's wrong?", he asked. I didn't answer his question. I hadn't talked to him since we got here.

"Okay." he said sitting up, "We can't go on like this. At some point we're going to need to talk to each other. Honestly, I don't know how many times I'll have to apologize. You're going to have to forget about it and move on."

I looked back at him. "I'm sorry I don't trust you after you lied to me. No matter what you do or say that still happened and we can't do anything about it. I will never forget it."

Jacob inhaled deeply as he rested his head against the headboard. He turned on the small T.V. For a while we were watching proud family on some random American channel when there was a breaking news story. It was in Spanish but I could still understand it. I felt Jacob clutching the the covers on the bed hard.

"I can't believe that jerk actually said I kidnapped you," he said behind me sounding really angry.

"Calm down," I started looking back at him "we both know he's lying."

His face and and grip on the the bed softened. "We do don't we," he said smiling, obviously embarrassed. I smiled and touched his cheek with my palm. Realizing what I was doing I frowned.

"I'm gonna go take a shower," I said. He nodded. The disappointment obvious on his face. When I got in the shower I just sat on the shower tile in deep thought. "What would happen to Ray?", "What is he doing right now?", "Will Jacob and I ever be the same?". All these questions seemed to pop up in my mind. My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Jazmine, I made breakfast," Jacob said. I shut off the shower and wrapped a towel around my body. I didn't know he could cook. Goes to show how much I knew him.

After I got dressed I went into the kitchen. I grabbed a plate of what Jacob cooked and sat down at the table. He had cooked bacon and eggs with melted cheese over them. They were delicious.

"Do you like it?", he asked from across the table. I just shrugged.

Jacob put his hand over my hand that was on the table. I tried moving it but his grip was too strong so I just gave up. "Look, I'm sorry about what I said earlier and I'm really sorry about lying to you but that means nothing if you don't forgive me," he said sincerely. "Pweeez," he said, now with puppy dog eyes, making me giggle. I couldn't say no to that. "Fine," I said with a giggle. He started cheesing hard, "You don't know what it's like to have you back."

After breakfast he took a shower when he was dressed he looked at me and smiled. I'd never seen anyone this happy. I didn't even stop to think how much I had hurt him. I felt really bad. He saw the sad expression on my face and looked worried.

"What's wrong?"

"How bad did I hurt you?", I asked.

"What are you talking about?", he asked confused.

"I am so sorry," I said my voice shaking, "I should have at least listened to you when you were trying to explain why you lied."

"Jaz, you don't have to apologize, it was my fault for what happened between you and me," he said staring me deep in the eyes.

"But," I started.

"But nothing," he said interrupting me. "Anyone would've done what you did." After he said this he gave me a soft kiss on the cheek. I smiled. I never felt this way with Ray.