Chapter Twenty-Two

(Jazmine's Point of View)

"What was he doing here?" I asked Bahja, sitting down on her magenta couch.

She gave me a wink and a half smile. "What do you think?"

I gasped. "Really?"

If it were last week, I probably would have ripped her pretty little pink head off but now, I didn't even care.

Bahja and I began to laugh. She gave me a curious look for a few seconds before going back to her previous expression. "You're not mad?"

"No."

I felt like I could see a slightly disappointed look on her face, but I decided to ignore it. "How have things with Daniel been?"

Bahja gave me am exhausted look before going into her ghetto girl talk. "So I'm at the fair and then I see him with some ugly ass hood rat kissin and rubbin all up on each other. Then I go up to say somethin to them and then he swerves me and walks the other like he ain't see me but I know he did. I swear we are over."

She and Daniel had been having a light switch relationship. One day they were dating, the next they hated each others guts.

"Forgetting my problems," Bahja started, "what's up with you?"

I shook my head, smiling. Bahja always loved to hear other people's problems. "Well my brother's trying to make me get a bodyguard and take fighting and escape classes."

Bahja sat back and crossed her arms. "That sucks."

I shrugged. "I expected that though. He's always overprotective."

"So," Bahja started, "I saw a TMZ video with you and some random boy toy. Who was he?"

I felt my face get heated. Bahja rubbed her hands together in anticipation for my explanation. "Well," I began kind of dreamily, "his name is Sean and he came from Florida with my brother. That's all."

"I don't think that's all," Bahja said, wiggling her eyebrows.

I didn't want to tell her everything. I knew Bahja would spill anything I told her to someone, whether it be the mailman or paparazzi. "There's nothing else."

"Okay..." Bahja said. Suddenly, an alarm buzzed on her phone that was on the table next to her. She spared a quick glance at it before widening her eyes and springing out of her seat. "I have an interview to get to in thirty minutes!"

Bahja rushed up her stairs, leaving me sitting on her couch alone.

I shook my head as I made my way to her front door. I looked out and noticed that Jacob's yellow Lamborghini was still in the driveway.

I scrunched my eyebrows before deciding not to care about why he was still here.

As I made my way to my car I passed him. He was leaning against his car door and tossing his keys up and down in a bored manner.

"Jaz!" he exclaimed.

I closed my eyes, hard and cursed to myself. I was hoping he wouldn't see me. I spun around on my heel, causing the black gravel on the driveway to crumble around.

"Yes?"

He approached me, shyly with his hands in his pockets. I would've found this cute if I wasn't trying to avoid him so much. "Hi."

"Hi," I said, starting to turn back around to walk to my car.

"Wait can I say something?" Jacob asked.

"What ?" I asked back, trying to keep my patience.

"I was drunk when I slept with her."

I groaned. "Is that an excuse?"