Chapter Twenty-Eight

(Jazmine's Point of View)

I was grouchy.

I had a passenger in my car who ate my breakfast and wouldn't stop talking. I wanted to stop the car, push him out, lock the doors, and drive off without him. But my conscience sided against that idea.

I let him mess around with the stuff in my car, but when he started going through my purse I was done.

"What in the hell do you think you're doing?" I yelled when he pulled out a bag of Haribo gummy bears.

Sean dropped the pack back in my bag quickly, alarmed. "Can I have them?" he asked like a child.

"No," I snapped back immediately.

"Please."

"No."

"Please."

Sean was far too persistent. There was no way I would win this argument with him. It was best to give in now. "Fine."

Sean reached into my purse, which was in his lap, and grabbed the gummy bears. "Thank you," he exclaimed as he opened the pack.

I tried not to roll my eyes and instead kept my attention on the road, but it was pretty hard when he was chewing louder than a cow.

I stuck my hand in the bag of gummy bears, and pulled out as much as I could. 

"Hey!" Sean exclaimed.

I rolled down my window and tossed out the gummies with no remorse.

Sean stared at the thrown out gummy bears dramatically and said quietly, "Why?"

"Because you're chewing was irking my face," I snapped back.

Sean sadly ate the rest of his gummy bears in silence, as if me throwing them out was a really tragic event. 

We drove with little noise for the rest of the ride, thankfully. Except the rest of the ride was only thirty seconds, meaning I had little time to enjoy the peace and quiet.

"Where are we?" Sean's obnoxiously loud voice asked me when I stopped my car.

"I have an acting job to do," I replied, trying my hardest not to snap again.

"What's it gonna be about?"

"I don't know."

That seemed to be the end of our conversation. Thinking about it, I really hadn't remembered what I had auditioned for. I didn't even know if it was a movie or a TV show.

I would find out soon enough anyways.

I walked to the entrance of the studio with Sean in tow. Without even looking at him I could sense his eager energy. I could tell he had never been on any sort of set, at least none involving a camera. Although I would never admit this, I could see him becoming a male model.

When I arrived at the studio I was supposed to be working at, the guard asked for my ID and I showed him. He nodded to me and allowed Sean and I to enter the building.

The set was empty, with a lone camera sitting standing on a tripod in the middle of the room.

"Miss Thorne, over here."

I turned to my left and saw a group of people sitting around a square table. There were at least a dozen people there with a dozen more seats left to be filled.

The man who had spoken was a director I recognized. I recalled his name being Seamus Cameron.

I walked over to where he was seated with Sean following keenly behind me.