Chapter Twenty-Nine

(Jacob's Point of View)

I woke up this Thursday morning, in one of the happiest moods I had been in for a while. After my heart to heart with Carla, I realized that she wasn't just Crazy Carla, but a woman with an exaggerated character.

The real Carla wasn't crazy or passionate, which people love to use as an excuse for craziness, but somewhat earthy.

Having breakfast yesterday morning with her also helped me realize why I went out with her. Behind all that crazy person was a normal, decent woman.

I looked at the clock on my new phone. It was ten. Not having a hangover helped me get up and actually be able to do something productive.

Right now I felt like Corbin Bleu, who did nothing important after High School Musical. The only real difference is the fact that he kept his old job and that he cut his hair, which I was going to do at three.

I decided to try directing, but I hadn't really directed anything big. Most of my movies were Indie movies.

Except one, or at least it's not going to be, with help from my friend Kyle, who was most likely in my house right now.  

We planned to work on the new project a few months ago, but had only set on a date a few days ago.

I walked downstairs with only one holey sock and basketball shorts on. I didn't give a damn about whether or not Kyle saw me shirtless.

Kyle must've heard the stairs creaking because he yelled, "You took long enough."

 I yawned and went to the kitchen, where his voice was coming from. "At least I'm not hungover this morning."

When I went into the kitchen, I saw Kyle messing around in my fridge. It was pointless to tell him to get out of it anyways.

Kyle gasped theatrically. "That is the first time I've heard you say that."

"Whatever," I said, walking over to the fridge. Once I was there, pushed Kyle away with my shoulder "Did you see anything good in here? I'm hungry."

"No."

I picked out the carton of eggs and an unopened pack of bacon. "Make me breakfast."

Kyle scrunched his nose. "Dude, I don't know how to cook."

I groaned and put the eggs and bacon on the counter behind me. "I don't feel like cooking today."

Kyle messed around in the drawers of one of my counters.

"Who doesn't keep restaurant menus in their kitchen drawers?" Kyle asked, frustrated. "I wanna order takeout. Your cooking scares me."

"Oh?" I asked with a slightly insulted ego. "I'm about to make you the best bacon and eggs you ever had in your life. Even Paula Deen won't have anything on this breakfast."

"You swear on it?" Kyle asked, raising his light brown eyebrows.

"I swear on it- shit."

Kyle laughed. "Have fun. I'm gonna go mess with your stuff."

"Fine. But I'm spitting on your food."

------------------------------------------

After I was finished slaving in the kitchen for thirty minutes, I set divided the food unevenly. I got the bigger part, Kyle got the smaller part.

I also didn't bother to tell him that his food was ready, so by the time he came to eat, his food was cold.

Once both of us were finished our late breakfasts, we got down to work.