Chapter Eighteen: Consequences

Cameron

The room was so quiet that one could hear a pin drop on to the hardwood floor. All attention was fixated on Trenton and Ariel, who both looked dazed as they stared each other down with widened eyes.

"This is bad," Scott muttered from beside me. "This is so, so bad." Tearing my gaze away from them, I looked down at Scott, who was sitting with his leg propped up on the floor.

His leg was crushed a year ago, when he talked back to Lucius one too many times.

Lucius, using his freaky powers, levitated a large rock and smashed it down on Scott's leg. Ever since that day, Scott could only walk so far before collapsing to the floor. And without his werewolf's ability, it was next to impossible for him to heal his leg except if you counted Ariel's Spirit power.

However, that was something Scott refused to allow, especially knowing that it would make Ariel weaker than she already was.

"Tell me about it," I murmured back, turning my attention back to Trenton, whose attention was riveted on Ariel.

That crabby son of a bitch.

Throughout the years I've known him, he was always one to keep to himself. He had an ego the size of Manhattan and would love to show that he was better than the rest of the world.

He always rubbed me the wrong way and I hated the disrespect he showed to Ariel, when all she has ever done was help us in this fucked up hell we were thrown into. Without her, we wouldn't have lasted a month here and I'm sure the bastard knows it as well.

However I'm also sure he would rather die than admit it. He was a misogynist pig, and in his pride filled mind, he truly believed that he didn't need anyone's help in the world. Especially help that came from a girl.

And now this happened.

"What is wrong with you?" Leon raged, pushing his way into their circle and placing himself in front of Ariel. "What the hell did you just do, Trenton?"

Trenton stayed frozen, and didn't even blink at his question. His face was blank and he made no move when Leon gripped his shoulders with his hands, and shook him hard.

"I'm talking to you," Leon yelled, pushing Trenton back in rage. "Answer me, Trenton. What the fuck did you just do?"

The repeated question seemed to finally pull Trenton out of his trance as he blinked and took a few steps back. He cleared his throat before answering in that cocky tone of his.

"What a stupid question, Leon. It's pretty obvious what I just did. And if for some reason, your eyesight is degenerating, then I'll be happy to tell you what just transpired, bloodsucker."

"Trenton," Arlo warned, shaking his head at him. "You're asking for trouble right now."

"I marked the princess and claimed her as mine," Trenton gloated with a smirk, but there was bitterness in his voice. Bitterness that Leon obviously did not register nor care about.

As soon as his words were said, Leon pulled back his fist and smashed it against Trenton's jaw.

Trenton looked momentarily shocked for a second, before his eyes narrowed into slits. "You're going to pay dearly for that, bloodsucker."

Before I could even blink, the two of them were rolling around the basement floor, punching and kicking each other, as curse words rang out.

Arlo quickly jumped in and dragged Ariel, who still looked shell-shocked, away from their fight. I didn't even want to know what was going through her mind. It was just one thing on top of another for that poor girl.