Chapter Twenty-Nine: Betrayal

Scott

"Here," I murmured, passing Ariel my shirt, so that she was able to use it to wipe away the excess blood from her body.

To my utter surprise, unlike a regular werewolf transformation, Ariel's clothes didn't tear apart into pieces. I guess that was just one of the perks of being one of the most unique species in the world.

"Thank you," she murmured, taking my shirt in her hand. There was a lot of blood all over her body that concerned the hell out of me. The only reason why I was able to remain cool was the fact that she kept repeating to me that most of this was Scar-man's blood.

Looking at our defeated enemy, Scar-man no longer looked so tough anymore. He was leaning against his desk, ass on the ground, with blood dripping down parts of his body from all of Ariel's bite marks and claws.

The bastard was still alive but even I can tell he was at death's door. It was only a matter of time.

"Going to deal the final blow?" I asked her, as she handed me back the shirt. Sliding the now blood tainted shirt back on, I cocked my head at Lucius' father.

"In a minute," she replied, walking away from the scene. "Keep an eye on him. I'm still not done with him yet."

Watching her retrieve the black book from the ground, I returned my gaze on our enemy, feeling satisfied hearing his laboured breath.

His time was almost up. The battle itself took no longer than ten minutes tops. Ironic really, due to the fact that because of him and his psychotic son, we were trapped in this mansion for a time frame that seemed like it lasted a decade.

I always thought this man before me was unstoppable, having powers that stemmed from his anger against the werewolf society for centuries now. But after seeing this battle, after seeing his demise, it was clear to me that Scar-man was just a puppet in this whole game.

He might have been powerful before but it wasn't him that was running the show anymore.

It was his bastard of a son, Lucius.

"You know what's funny, Angel?" I asked, watching Scar-man's eyes flutter in pain.

"I'm listening," she answered, flipping through the  empty pages of the black book.

"Even though I promised to retrieve the book while you distracted Scar-man over here, you didn't really need my help to begin with," I said, feeling mildly annoyed by my inability to help. "You not only defeated him, but you were able to retrieve the book all on your own. My only job was to cheer you on from the sidelines."

"Well if that was your job, then you did an amazing job, Scotty," she replied back with a twinkle of amusement in her eyes. "We won, didn't we?"

"Very funny," I muttered.

Silence passed as she continued to go through the pages, her mismatched eyes glowing with satisfaction. "There's another reason why I needed you, Scott."

The seriousness of her voice turned my head towards her. "Oh yeah? And what was the reason?"

Closing the book, she turned her attention towards me. "To keep me in control." And without further explanation, she went through her pockets of the dress before pulling out the three pages that Leon gave her in the basement.

The same pages that the bloodsucker hid for her for  in the bathroom of the basement.

Picking one of the three pages, she mumbled the words to herself before nodding.

"What're you doing?" I watched, mesmerized as she put the black book on the ground before wrapping the chains around it again. Picking the heavy lock off the ground, she clicked it back onto its original place.