Chapter Nineteen: The Sleep Test

You get your wish.

You get your wish, Alpha of the Dark Moon Pack.

Those words played in my head like a broken record.

"No," I cried, guilt and fear seeping through the pores of my skin. "No, you can't. I won't let you. Please, Lucius. It's not his fault."

"Your pleas always fall on deaf ears," Lucius murmured, walking closer to us. "I don't understand why you persist on begging, princess. You always know the end result of our little games."

I knew that. Of course I known that after four years of captivity here. But this was an entirely different situation. I won't stand back and do nothing while he kills one of my friends.

Especially one that's also my destined mate.

"Don't put yourself down just to save that dumb ass," Leon snapped, looking at me with angry eyes. "If Trenton wants to die, let him. He's a big boy now. He can make his own choices."

"Shut up, Leon," Orion snarled, giving him a hard shake of his head. "You don't mean that."

Leon grumbled but did not answer. It was obvious that he couldn't care less what happened to Trenton.

Lucius chuckled and raked a hand through his hair. "Of course, Leon. You never fail to amuse me. I knew you would say that."

"What're you talking about? You don't know me at all."

"On the contrary," Lucius grinned, " I know everything about you. Where you're from, who your family are and what goes on in that notorious mind of yours."

Leon's eyes narrowed but otherwise remained silent.

"And now you give me the silent treatment," Lucius grinned, shaking his head at Leon. "Typical."

"Lucius," I pleaded, seeing a cruel look enter his eyes. His eyes swivelled to mine and I took a step back, seeing the dark look. "Don't hurt him, please."

"There's no reason for you to come to my aid," Trenton drawled out, placing a hand on my shoulder. "I want to die."

"No you don't," I snapped, anger rising within me. "I know you Trenton and you won't take a coward's way out. It's not like you at all."

"Maybe I changed," he smirked, but no humour was in his eyes. "Did you ever think about that. Maybe we all did. Look at you, mate of mine. Four years in captivity and now you play the role as Lucius' whore."

I flinched from that ugly word and I wasn't the only one to do so. Leon's face turned murderous and he looked at Trenton like he wanted to kill him.

"I think it's best for all of us if you do die," Leon said, staring hard at him. "You can rejoin your precious bitch in hell. Charlene, wasn't that her name? For a girl to like you, she must've been a bitch."

Trenton's face lost his smirk and he growled, staring hard at Leon. His eyes were strangely serious. "Shut up, blood sucker. You have no right to call her that."

"That goes both ways, moron," Leon shouted back, gesturing his hands toward me. "Jesus. I swear you're on a mental breakdown, Trenton. Ten minutes ago, you marked Ariel as your mate. Five minutes later, you proclaimed that you wanted to die. And now, you're back to your arrogant self again, treating Ariel like crap."

"This is amusing to say the least," Lucius interjected smoothly, commanding his attention. "And the young vampire is right for once. You have no right calling my princess those filthy words. The bond I have with Ariel is sacred. Something you dogs will never understand in this lifetime."