Chapter Three: New Reality

The X Project?

That's what Lucius and his father were planning, but what does that mean? A project for what? And they need the future Alphas for this? Does that mean Jason is in trouble? What about the other future Alphas? Are they all in trouble?

Questions were swirling in my head as I tried to understand what was going on. Everything was escalating too fast, and I felt dizzy with how much things changed so quickly. Only yesterday was my tenth birthday and my family threw a huge party for my brothers and I. I would've never thought a day later, I would be stuck here, tied like a rag doll and kneeling in front of a creature that I never even knew existed.

The ropes around me tightened every time I tried to move in a direction. It was so hard to ignore the pain and sadly, I felt tears rolling down my cheek. I couldn't even wipe it away.

I heard a laugh and my fists automatically clenched tighter. I felt sick to my stomach when I realized that he has been watching my emotional break down the entire time.

"Why are you crying?" Lucius asked still laughing hard. "I never even touched you yet." With that comment, I froze. I haven't even looked at him yet, but already, I hated him. He doesn't deserve my tears. None of them did.

"I asked you a question. Why're you crying?" he asked again, his mouth inches from my face.

Oh Goddess, get him away from me!

Again I was hit with his strong sweet scent that smelt like honey. How could someone who has a scent that sweet, be so evil?

"Ignoring me again, I see. I hate it when people don't listen to me," he said and just like his father, he wrapped a strand of my hair in his finger. Twirling it around, he took a deep breath and drank in my scent.

"You smell so delicious. I don't know if it's the wolf or if it's you, but your scent is divine," he commented, while stroking my hair. I cringed in disgust, trying to get away from him.

"What do you want from me?" I whispered softly mustering as much courage as I can. He stopped twirling my hair and let out a snicker.

"And she talks," he announced and dropped my hair. He moved his face under mine, and tried to get a good look at my face. When I ignored him and continued to stare down on the ground, he let out an irritable noise.

"Let me see your face," he demanded, anger clearly exerting from his voice. I ignored him again and shook my head quickly. I will not listen to this jerk, let alone be treated like a dog.

"Get away from me," I said to him, this time putting much more strength in my voice. He let out a frustrated breath and stood up abruptly, making me recoil back.

"I told you to show me your face, Barbie Doll!" he shouted out in anger. I felt anger rise in me, and I couldn't stop the words from rolling out of my tongue.

"And I told you to leave me alone," I shouted back at him, using the same level of loudness that he did.

I was met with an unbearable silence again until I heard laughter. That jerk was laughing at me and that made my anger double.

"You're one feisty little girl," he drawled out and I felt my teeth clench in anger. "But then again, you're afraid to even look up at me. Although I must say, I actually like how you're bowing down to me. Almost like a pet bowing down to their master."

I snapped my head up to him in fury, to prove to him that I was not his pet. You monster! I wanted to scream out but when I looked at him, all words died from my mouth.

He looked like he was around the age of fourteen or fifteen, a little bit older than me. But that wasn't what shocked me. He was impossibly beautiful. With cobalt sparkling eyes and light auburn hair, he looked like an angel. Is this really Lucius?