Chapter Twenty-Seven: Crimson

A month after Trenton and Ariel's imprisonment.

Orion

"Wake up," a voice ordered, poking me hard on my sides. "Come on, Orion. You have to help her."

"I'm up," I grumbled out, my voice coming out hoarse and scratchy. "You can stop poking me now, Scotty. And who am I supposed to be helping?"

Opening my eyes, I met his gaze and to my astonishment, there were tears gathering in his eyes. I rushed to stand up, ignoring the dizziness from the sudden movement. "What happened?" My voice sounded sharp and held a tinge of fear that I couldn't hide.

It was rare to see him cry. Scott barely cries. He gets angry and cusses a lot, but never does he show his tears. And then I remembered what he said.

"Wait," I croaked, feeling hope in my chest that quickly accompanied with fear. "You said her...Are you talking about Ariel?" I looked around the room as if she just magically appeared in the basement after God knows how long.

It was so hard to keep time in this wretched basement.

My eyes stopped roaming when I saw that the rest of the guys were standing in front of the bathroom door. It didn't take me long to realize that something was seriously wrong. They were all going haywire.

Leon was banging on the door, demanding the person to open it and I knew that without a doubt that she was back.

I staggered my way across the room and pushed my way past the others.

"Ariel?" I asked softly, while putting my finger to my lip to shut everyone else up. The louder they shouted, the more I knew she wouldn't listen to us . "Open the door, Angel."

There was a pause where everyone held their breath, secretly praying that she would respond.

"I have to do something," she finally whispered from the other side of the door and I closed my eyes, feeling alive once again. It was so long since I heard her beautiful voice.

So long, indeed.

Leon opened his mouth to shout, but I placed my hand roughly over his mouth. I pulled it back quickly though, when I felt his fangs graze my hand.

He glared at me and I shook my head back, returning a glare of my own.

"Not now," I mouthed to him and he rolled his eyes in response.

"What are you doing in there?" I asked softly, returning my attention to where it was needed most. "Please open the door."

A moment of silence passed as everyone held their breath.

"I need some time alone," she replied back and the lack of emotions in her voice scared me. It scared me a lot.

"Ariel, open the goddamn door!" Scotty shouted, no longer being patient with her. Even with his useless leg, he was still as determined as ever.

"Whatever is going on with you, we can help," Cameron shouted too, slamming the palm of his hand on the door. "We're your family."

Leon was back to pounding on the door with his fists and I knew that they were all hanging on a thin thread.

Even Arlo, who was the calm one out of all of us, was looking like he was in hell. Our eyes met, and I gave him a pleading look to do something about our current predicament.

If there was one thing I can count on Arlo for, other than his extremely high IQ, was the way he had with his words. He can be pretty damn convincing when he wanted to be.