Chapter One- Pyramid

I played with my thumbs as we waited for Abby to show up. We had been standing in the Studio, waiting for pyramid. Standing in their usual order, from left to right, were Asia, Kenzie, Maddie, Brooke, Paige, Chloe, Nia, then me. THe moms stood against the wall in their barefeet. My mom always looked funny without shoes on, because she became two inches shorter.

Finally, Abby walked in. Shocking us all, she was wearing a nice blue blouse and black dress pants. She did look a little silly, wearing tennis shoes so she could walk on the studio floors.

"Alright, It's time for Pyramid." Abby said, initiating the cameras to finally start rolling. I looked down to Maddie, who made eye contact with me. We both smiled, then stared at the pyramid. 

Lifetime had just made an agreement to let our contracts go. Even though we signed up for six seasons, the viewers were apparently all saying they were tired of people leaving but being allowed back, aka Brooke and Paige. Don't get me wrong, I love Brooke and Paige. It's their mother that ruins it for them. 

"Last week, we attended In10sity Dance in Buffalo, New York." Abby started. "We had an amazing clean sweep, with our group, duet, trio, and solos." Abby had pushed us all really hard last week, giving everyone two assignments. Paige, Nia, and Kenzie had a trio. It was acro and was called "C'est la vie". It was very cute and jumpy, and all three girls ended it with a backtuck. 

Brooke and Chloe both had solos. Brooke's acrobatics solo, called "Sick to say Goodbye", was about a girl who had just gotten sick. Abby didn't tell Brooke how, just that the girl could't dance anymore. The dance was about the sick girl giving her last performance before she went into treatment, then she passed away in the end. It was really sad, and most of us cried. 

Chloe's solo, on the other hand, was a pointe number. It was to an intrumental, just like "In for the Thrill". It was a perfect solo for her long dancer legs, and her costume, a shimmering green tutu and crop top, topped off with a big green rhinstoned bow, matched her song, "One Short Day in the Emerald City" perfectly.

That left Maddie and I.

We had another duet, our third one! We totally worked in unison. Our duet was called "Who Cares if you're gone", It was about a girl, me, who's best friend had just passed away in a house fire. I keep dreaming of dancing with my friend, Maddie, once again. In the end, she leaves again, only for me to return to a state of depression.

Abby started to pull off the bottom of the pyramid.

Author's Note: The media to the side is of the girl's at pyramid :)