Chapter Two- Pyramid

"Brooke." She said. "You were the only member of the ALDC that danced in a number that placed second last weekend." It was harsh, but true. Chloe had placed first in the teens category, and Brooke had gotten second. Every other dance, including the trio, had gotten first in it's category. The competition didn't have overalls because one of the judges ended up passing out or something, they wouldn't tell us. 

"Next on the pyramid," Abby said, moving over to the next spot. "Is Paige. The trio only won by how many points?" Abby stared blankly at Paige. "Half a point." Paige muttered. "Maybe if you had actually pointed your toes once, it would've been more." Abby scrutinized. 

Abby went through the bottom row, placing Nia and Kenzie alongside the Hylands. 

"Next, Kendall." I got a look of dissapointment from Mom as Abby started explaining. "You might've been in the highest scoring group, but that duet only won by 1 point." Of course, that meant Maddie was next to me. 

Following Maddie was Chloe, then smack on top was Asia. 

"Asia, you shined as the star of that group dance." The group dance was about a little girl who had nightmares that came and haunted her until she killed herself. Asia might be young, but she can understand well enough to portray the role. The dance had such a haunting song, called "You can run". 

Nobody had a doubt Asia would be on top. Afterall, the group won by 11 points.

"Now, for this weeks assignments. I liked last week, where everyone had two things to work on. So this week, everyone will have a solo, along with our group."

I smiled, happy to have a solo. I realized though, it wasn't that special. When I had a solo, it was fun. When everyone had a solo, It was more of a "here's your solo" than a "I'm specially choosing Kendall for this solo." 

"Let's go down the line. Asia. Your solo is called "Smack, Boom, Crunch. It's a high energy jazz routine. Mackenzie, your solo is called "If my friends could see me now." It's a broadway type dance, but we will be adding a lot of acro along with your new turn sequence we've been working on. Maddie, your solo is called "You Are Enough." It has a story behind it that we will get to during rehearsal. Brooke, your solo is called "Bigtop Nightmare." It is about a circus that going crazy and haunted at night. Paige, your solo is called "Every time I lie". It's a lyrical number, so we will have to work on being nice a fluid. Chloe, your number is called "Rumor has it". It's not the adele song. It's a contemporary piece that will definitely have some ballet aspect to it. Nia, your solo is called "Let Me Love You" from the Jersey Boys musical. It's perfect for your style and I know you can pull it off."

I stood anxoiusly waiting for my solo assignment.

Abby continued.

"The group dance is called "Jailhouse Rock", and you'll all be dancing and dressed like different personalities from Elvis' time. Moms, you're dismissed, girl start stretching."

What...?

I looked to my mom, who caught my glance and started. "Abby, what about Kendall?"

Abby stood blankly for a second before talking. "...I'm saving something special for Kendall. I can't decide on it yet, but I know what I'm doing."

Well, that makes me feel confident. She's saving me something special that she doesn't even know about, or have a decision made, but I'm supposed to be okay with that. Sounds good.....not!

Author's Note- The media to the side of the story if of Abby and Jill arguing at pyramid!