Chapter 20- Flashback

It was the week before competition last week when Abby told us she wouldn't be able to return to Pittsburgh. She had to leave on the spot the night before. She didn't want to tarnish the company name and didn't want anyone involved with it.

Abby gathered all of the personal belongings from her home in Pittsburgh that she could, and moved to LA. Abby needed to be closer to her mother, and brought her mother with her. Her mother was very sick, and might die soon. Abby couldn't be known as the studio owner who stayed at home when her mother was dying. That was reason number one she left.

Reason number two, they told her that her mother needed a heart transplant in order to live. They had the perfect donor lined up and everything. Sadly, it would cost more than a little dance studio in Pittsburgh pays. Abby needed to get up and out to where she could own a studio and have some side jobs, like judging competitions, running auditions, and such that she could get a lot of extra money. Abby may be rich, but she's not that rich, and her mother had terrible health insurance.

Reason number three, Abby didn't want to fail. If she went bankrupt, so did her company, and she didn't want any of us invloved in that.

Abby was really looking out for us. Luckily, we all could return to dance the following week, if we weren't in New York that is, because Gianna took over the studio. She changed the name, repainted everything, but in sake of tradition, kept the building name "Reign Dance Productions". Abby was pleased with Gianna's work.

That's the story of what happened to Abby Lee Miller.